Davinci Resolve Wont Launch Mac

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

cameronpg

Davinci Resolve Wont Launch Mac

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 10:45 pm

Hi guys,

Have used davinci for some time/years. Today it just stopped working. I have un-installed and re-intalled, updated from version 15 to the latest, but still not launching.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS Big Sur Version 11.4
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20210623-234234.tgz
(27.03 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Lychon

Re: Davinci Resolve Wont Launch Mac

PostThu Jun 24, 2021 1:35 am

When this happened to me on my PC, the issue turned out to be Intel HD Graphics (Intel had updated their drivers, which were apparently incompatible with my version of Da Vinci Resolve). After disabling them (and possibly rolling them back to their previous version- I don't remember what I did exactly), Da Vinci Resolve started up again.

Not sure if any of that applies to a Mac, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

cameronpg

Re: Davinci Resolve Wont Launch Mac

PostThu Jun 24, 2021 11:01 am

Lychon wrote:When this happened to me on my PC, the issue turned out to be Intel HD Graphics (Intel had updated their drivers, which were apparently incompatible with my version of Da Vinci Resolve). After disabling them (and possibly rolling them back to their previous version- I don't remember what I did exactly), Da Vinci Resolve started up again.

Not sure if any of that applies to a Mac, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Hi Lychon,
Thanks for that suggestion. I will look into/ google that to see if it applies to Mac :D

Return to DaVinci Resolve