Fairlight Patches reset when changing Monitor Set

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

GrizzlyAK

Fairlight Patches reset when changing Monitor Set

PostFri Jun 25, 2021 1:54 am

Can anybody else confirm this behavior? If I set a track patch to my microphone for input, and then go into System Preferences and change my Speaker Set (or do so under the viewer in the Fairlight Page), all my track patches reset to No Input. Not a big deal if you only have one patch, but if you have many, this would be frustrating. I don't believe this is normal. I've also experienced the Speaker Set changes not carrying over after a restart.
Shane Taylor
Owner, Ion Drift Productions
www.iondriftproductions.com

Resolve Studio V17.4 Build 12 Activation Key
Windows 10 Pro x64
HP Z820, 16 core
32 GB RAM
RTX 2080Ti 11GB
26 TB Storage
OS & Cache on SSD
MOTU Ultralite MK3 Audio Interface

jallen0

Re: Fairlight Patches reset when changing Monitor Set

PostFri Jun 25, 2021 2:35 am

I can confirm this happens on my Mac was well. I believe it is because of the tie-in with the system audio.

You can set a preset for your patches so with just a click of a button everything will patch back just like you like it. Look under Fairlight/Presets Library. In the "Filter By" section select Global Presets. Select your mic set-up and save that. Now when you create a new track you just select the track preset and hit apply. That should work for you if I remember it correctly.
2019 MacPro OS 12.1, 3.2GHz 16 Core, 160GB Mem, 4TB Drive, 8TB Internal Sonnet Raid, Dual Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB
LG UF 5k, 27" Tbolt Display, 55" LG C8
Resolve Edit Keyboard, Mini Panel, US 4K Mini
Resolve Studio Ver. 17.4.3
Desktop Video 12.1

GrizzlyAK

Re: Fairlight Patches reset when changing Monitor Set

PostFri Jun 25, 2021 2:46 am

Awesome! Thanks for the tip! I'll give that a try. Good to know that this is happening on Mac as well, since I just castrated Adam with support for his response to my support email:

Code: Select all
Hi,

We are not able to reproduce this on our end. It could be something specific to this interface.

Regards

Hmm... helpful. I just figured it was because their Windows team couldn't discern a system OUTPUT device from an INPUT device, since one should definitely not impact the other, right? Setting up your Speaker Sets to use a different set of system OUTPUT devices should in no way cause Resolve to erase all of your system INPUT device patching. Maybe he was just having a bad day.

Good to know there is a workaround. Thank you. :)
Shane Taylor
Owner, Ion Drift Productions
www.iondriftproductions.com

Resolve Studio V17.4 Build 12 Activation Key
Windows 10 Pro x64
HP Z820, 16 core
32 GB RAM
RTX 2080Ti 11GB
26 TB Storage
OS & Cache on SSD
MOTU Ultralite MK3 Audio Interface

Return to DaVinci Resolve