Speed editor not working after 17.2.2 update

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

xarisathos

Re: Speed editor not working after 17.2.2 update

PostFri Oct 15, 2021 2:03 pm

Hi there,

I am encountering the same problem as mentioned before, SE 1.4 is NOT working when launching Resolve Studio 17.3.2 (build 5) in Windows Pro for Workstations 20H2 19042.1266.

It's a laptop and the strange thing is that SE works fine in Manjaro Linux KDE on the same machine (even though, Resolve doesn't display properly video footage with NVIDIA latest drivers)

It seems to me that is has to do with Windows, although SE 1.4 is being detected normally from Control Panels and Windows (both cable and BT connections). Using the latest Game-ready drivers of this date.

I followed ALL the above suggested solutions from the others, but still SE doesn't light up the LEDs when launching Resolve Studio at all, plugged in with cable. In Control panels the BT Windows connection never shows up, but I need to make it work with cable at least, don't care about BT so much.

Can you recommend any solutions to make it work? I will need it to work in the next 5 hours, so any last minute suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Oct 15, 2021 4:24 pm

We've found that certain RGB keyboard software can prevent the Speed Editor from working over USB.

2 that we are specifically aware of are:

Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2

Redragon K580RGB

If you see either of these running in Task Manager - Processes, kill them and the Speed Editor should work. Again, this is for a USB connected SE.

We imagine there are other RGB keyboard apps that could cause similar issues.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

xarisathos

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 3:46 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:We've found that certain RGB keyboard software can prevent the Speed Editor from working over USB.

2 that we are specifically aware of are:

Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2

Redragon K580RGB

If you see either of these running in Task Manager - Processes, kill them and the Speed Editor should work. Again, this is for a USB connected SE.

We imagine there are other RGB keyboard apps that could cause similar issues.

Hi there, thank you for your reply which is the solution to my problem.

I had had the Redragon DITI K601 RGB software installed and running on my system, although didn't have the mini keyboard connected, which caused the malfunction of SE 1.4.
Once the program wasn't running, the Speed Editor started worked normally again both wireless and wired!

Many thanks for the insightful answer/solution,

God bless you all guys!
Previous

Return to DaVinci Resolve