Some issues within Fusion tab

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

zixzax

Some issues within Fusion tab

PostMon Jul 12, 2021 7:08 am

Recently I've been trying to switch all my workflow to Davinci resolve. So I started with a small project in case I need to redo it in Adobe suite, sadly there are too many problems with fusion tab for motion graphics.
Here are some problems I've encountered in this project. I did some research in forum before this post, but not all of them were solved. Any input is appreciated.
  • Fusion cache causes render error
    Purge cache manually can solve this problem, but it's still annoying
  • Fusion Motion graphic rendered with black frame
    This problem seems to have been around for 2 years after some search, tried unticking [bypass re-encode when possible]and purging cache, black frame still randomly pop. It's just a Fade on preset within DR, not some complicated comp.
  • Fusion text offline
    This is a really weird problem. I synchronize my database with OneDrive between my working/personal PC. It worked fine previously and I'm sure it was synchronized. All I need is relink media file, but when it comes to Fusion comp, it's just not working properly. My media relinked but not text. Text+ and fusion MG presets are fine, but text in fusion page gets offline, the node structure and properties are correct
    I've tried relinking node, changing text, purging cache, none of them work, so I have to redo them in scratchImage
  • Png file looks different from edit page and fusion page
    If I simply drag&drop a png file on timeline it looks right, but if it's in fusion page the edge lacks anti-aliasing.
  • Text value inconsistent in DCM
    White value in [text] is correct, [text+] and fusion is incorrect.
    I could add a colorspace transform node in color tab but that would cause any image in that fusion comp goes wrong.

My PC spec is 3700x/5800x 1070/2070s both have 32g ram with 17.2.2 build 4 DR studio
Running the latest Nvidia studio drive

Jim Simon

Re: Some issues within Fusion tab

PostMon Jul 12, 2021 3:17 pm

zixzax wrote:I synchronize my database with OneDrive
If that means the database is in a OneDrive folder, you should change that. Manually put Backups there, but not the original.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

zixzax

PostTue Jul 13, 2021 3:49 am

Jim Simon wrote:
If that means the database is in a OneDrive folder, you should change that. Manually put Backups there, but not the original.

Is there any problem with that? I constantly jump between two or three PCs. Set up a PostgreSQL database on a server just for myself seems kinda overkill.
I tick [always keep on this device] for my database folder. Normally I'll wait for OneDrive synchronization to finish, then open DR. When I use DR I'll suspend sync cuz it will cause DR freeze. After that I'll resume sync. Everything worked fine until this fusion problem.

zixzax

PostTue Jul 13, 2021 7:03 am

Jim Simon wrote:

I've been doing this for a while, not sure what's the problem here.
I usually jump between 2 or 3 PCs, no simultaneous collaboration needed. Host a PostgreSQL database on a server seems a little bit overkill for me.

I've ticked [always keep on this device] on my DR database folder in OneDrive.

Normally I would wait for my OneDrive to Synchronized before launching DR. Then I would suspend sync incase DR freeze. Next I'll resume sync or wait for it to automatically resume. This worked fine until this fusion problem, all the other edits made in edit/color page were synchronized. If there's a sync problem, OneDrive will notify me.

Jim Simon

PostWed Jul 14, 2021 5:55 pm

zixzax wrote:Is there any problem with that?
There has been, yes.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostWed Jul 14, 2021 5:56 pm

zixzax wrote:Everything worked fine until...
...we hit that sixth chamber in Russian Roulette.

Better to not play that game at all. ;)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

zixzax

PostThu Jul 15, 2021 2:27 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
zixzax wrote:Is there any problem with that?
There has been, yes.

After sync, the original text in fusion still works on my home PC so the database is not corrupted.
Maybe do more tests later to see if I can replicate this problem.

Scotty Why

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 2:40 am

I wouldn't assume the Fusion problem has anything to do with switching machines - though it seems logical - I have problems with Fusion clips going offline FOR NO REASON. I always work on the same machine, with the same drives, same local database. And one minute my fusion comp will work fine and the next minute it says it s "offline". I don't do anything, change anything, or move anything, they just go offline. I keep trying things and thinking it is fixed and then out of nowhere... offline clip.

Every two weeks I'm back n this forum searching for more clues. I love so many things about Resolve but Fusion is making me want to scrap the whole thing and just go back to Adobe. Their subscription fee pisses me off but at least their stuff works.
DR Studio 18 Win10 22H2
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM
GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Studio driver 31.0.15.3161
OS,Program: 1TB SSD - Media: 1TB SSD - Cache: 1TB SSD

Return to DaVinci Resolve