Sound problems with Davinci Resolve 17.2 built 11

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

lautarob

Sound problems with Davinci Resolve 17.2 built 11

PostWed Jul 21, 2021 12:57 pm

Hello,

I am new to Davinci Resolve (17.2 build 11) and I was trying to edit a Video downloaded from YouTube. What happens is that although the video can be perfectly seen in other common windows viewers (like VNC or Windows Media player), when playing in Davinci Resolve NO SOUND is heard (The music sound can be seen in the thumbnail, but when the green sound bar below the video is plain green, like if no audio was present.

Of course, I checked volume, verify that volume is on etc. I even follow some advice I found on the internet recommending to review the setting in page fairlight. Everything there seem to be correct.

I guess (forgive mi ignorance) this might be related to some setting in the sound codec, but I have no idea why this is happening even less how to properly address the issue. The fact is that another video (downloaded also from youtube using the same tool) have a kind of "compress" sound (it filled up about half of the green bar below the video, while the other half is empty). The part with sound is not intelligible, it sounds like a very speed up video...

Any help or hint will be highly appreciated. Mean while I am going to upgrade to 17.2.2 to discard a bug in my current version (17.2.1 I believe)

Thanks

Mister_M

Re: Sound problems with Davinci Resolve 17.2 built 11

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 9:46 pm

simillar issue here. no more sound with davinci 17.2
I regret having done the update from Version 16 to 17 already.

Jim Simon

Re: Sound problems with Davinci Resolve 17.2 built 11

PostWed Aug 04, 2021 2:14 pm

What settings do you have under Preferences>System>Video and Audio I/O>Speaker Setup Micheal?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve