Project deleted

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

wyrins

Project deleted

PostWed Jul 21, 2021 9:48 pm

Hello everyone =)

I'm actually working on a big color grading project on resolve.
Sadly my old graphic card was not enough powerfull to use davinci correctly at the deliver time.
So i've uppgraded my computer and reformat everything, i saved all my computer but i forgot to save my davinci project (yeeeees).

I'm used to back up everything else from Adobe premiere and Avid on a other disk, so ....

I tried to recover the delete files (not working)

AND after being lost in my tears i found back the recovery database from my project on an other disk !!!
:!: but i don't have the project anymore for load the database linked to this project. :!:

Is there a solution to load it again in davinci ???
the link from the database >>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pcM3aP ... sp=sharing

if you read this message you're the best !

John Paines

Re: Project deleted

PostWed Jul 21, 2021 10:17 pm

Set up a link that doesn't require logging into a gmail account. Without examining what you have it's impossible to know, but read the relevant sections in the manual for creating and connecting to disk-based databases. If it's an an intact database, there shouldn't be any difficulty accessing it.

wyrins

PostWed Jul 21, 2021 11:18 pm

Thanks john for your reply =)

:!: There the wetransfer where i put everything i found about the project >> https://we.tl/t-xya7WhpPQN

Inside you will find :
- first : the automatic save folder from the project i need. (526e945a-0a63-42d6-8834-9e190c99acff)
- second : the resolve disk database i've found with a recovery software
(projects are in Users>guest>Projects> HAYLEN - SECRET RYTHM )

I've tried to import it (maybe the wrong way ?)
and also replace directly the "resolve database" from the new windows with the old one i found but with no succes.

Any idea ?

John Paines

PostThu Jul 22, 2021 3:25 am

1) make a copy of the your old folder "Resolve Disk Database"

2) rename the copy "Newdb" and move it to your system disk at the root level.

3) start Resolve, go to the database manager and "Connect", following the prompts. Navigate to "Newdb" folder to connect it.

All your projects appear to be there, so you shouldn't have any trouble resuming where you left off. If that doesn't work, you can still move the projects into another database manually, since everything appears to be there. If *that* doesn't work, you can revert to the periodic project backups in the other folder.

wyrins

PostThu Jul 22, 2021 9:20 am

Hello =)

I did what you said but at this step >> "3) start Resolve, go to the database manager and create a new disk-based database with the name "Newdb" and browse to the "Newdb" folder to connect it."

my resolve say i need to choose an empty folder for create a new database...
And when i moove the project inside the new database i created nothing shoes up in davinci =/

And when i try to connect the periodic project backup resolve doesn't find it to connect it ( i've got this Project.db.20210721001612 and a DPX file)

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 11:02 am

Following John’s instructions, u should only be connecting to the DB, not making new.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve