NR not rendering

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

theoangell

NR not rendering

PostFri Jul 23, 2021 7:18 pm

Hello,

I have a 4096x3112, APR444, 24FPS project (transfered from 16mm) that I am grading in Resolve 17.2
I have temporal and spacial NR applied to every clip in one node and a little bit of sharpening in a separate node, in addition to grading nodes.
The only way to play back at all is by setting Playback>Timeline Proxy Mode>Quarter Resolution.

My system is a 2017 iMac 27" i7, 40GB RAM with a Radeon Pro 580 (8GB). The hard drive with the media is a Thunderbolt drive.

When I export to APR 422, source resolution, full data levels, the NR does not seem to get applied (the resulting clips look like there is no NR).

What circumstances could lead to this? Is there a fix? On the deliver page clip list, the timecode is displayed in red. Is that the cause? How can I fix it? Are there setting I am overlooking?

(I'm an intermediate user in my own assessment...)

Jim Simon

Re: NR not rendering

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 3:46 pm

The only way I can think of for this to occur is if the node with the NR is Disabled.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 10:49 am

Render in timeline mode.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

theoangell

PostMon Jul 26, 2021 6:23 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Render in timeline mode.

Hi Peter, do you mean render as single clip, not individual clips?

I do need to deliver individual clips. How can this make a difference, is it a known issue/limitation?

Thanks, -Theo

theoangell

PostMon Jul 26, 2021 6:27 pm

Update:

I finally managed to render and export the timeline. The source files are APR444 and I had set the deliver page to convert to APR422. That seems to have been too much for my system. I changed the export to APR444 and everything rendered without a hitch!

I would love to know why Resolve doesn't show an error message during rendering when it just "dropped" the NR.

Return to DaVinci Resolve