Fringe on text in program, and in export

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

matthoefler

Fringe on text in program, and in export

PostFri Jul 23, 2021 8:02 pm

I'm so happy I haven't bought Resolve yet... I'm quickly losing all faith in this software.

Fusion seems way too complicated, but today I bit the bullet and tried to do THE SIMPLEST text composition just to attempt to see what all these fusion nodes can do... well I didn't get far before the text is outlined by the heaviest color fringe I've ever seen. I did a quick export to see if it goes away on export... NO... NO!!!! It's there on the export.

What the hell is this? I'm not even going to mention that attempting to change fonts crashes the program if you attempt to use the pre-made title animation effects... which is what caused me to dive into fusion, now I found out that the export isn't even crisp and clean... on the simplest animation ever done!

How can anyone actually use this software? It's 40% creating what you intend to create, 60% troubleshooting and reading these forums!!!!

Charles Bennett

Re: Fringe on text in program, and in EXPORT

PostFri Jul 23, 2021 8:15 pm

Do remember that this is professional software that has a learning curve. You should get to know the free version first before buying the Studio version.
Blackmagic's own training videos and resources should help you. There are also plenty of how-to videos on YouTube as well.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/training
Resolve Studio 19.0b build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

matthoefler

PostFri Jul 23, 2021 8:21 pm

Charles Bennett wrote:Do remember that this is professional software that has a learning curve. You should get to know the free version first before buying the Studio version.
Blackmagic's own training videos and resources should help you. There are also plenty of how-to videos on YouTube as well.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/training

How about you repeat the FIRST GRADE... maybe learn to READ before posting?

THERE IS COLORED FRINGE ON MY TEXT EXPORTS

COLORED

FRINGE

ON

MY

TEXT

EXPORTS

You want me to pay for that? Or take classes on Resolve? That will help me forget about the fringe on the text??????

I'm looking for the solution to GET RID of the colored fringe you ****ing nitwit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ttakala

PostFri Jul 23, 2021 9:12 pm

You're not giving much to work with here, Matt. No screenshot, no footage, no system specs, no description of what you actually did to help others replicate the problem and help you. In addition to that, you come off as an entitled child, and not just in this thread. So good luck, maybe someone can read your mind and you get the advice that you think you deserve. How you think that disrespecting people is going to aid in that is beyond me.

matthoefler

PostFri Jul 23, 2021 9:34 pm

ttakala wrote:You're not giving much to work with here, Matt. No screenshot, no footage, no system specs, no description of what you actually did to help others replicate the problem and help you. In addition to that, you come off as an entitled child, and not just in this thread. So good luck, maybe someone can read your mind and you get the advice that you think you deserve. How you think that disrespecting people is going to aid in that is beyond me.

If you don't know what I'm talking about then you obviously don't know the answer; so I honestly don't need to giving me the run around in the first place considering that FACT.

Put also, when I have managed to get the text to NOT fringe and exported a couple of frames on text as .TIFFS to look at them, guess what? THEY LOOK HORRIBLE! At 100% zoom they have distortion along the edges anyway... even the clean looking text! Pretty SIMPLE conclusion if you ask me; RESOLVE CAN'T DO TEXT, AND CAN'T DO TITLES! This is Resolve 17.2.2 for those of you brainiacs who think the solution will to be update to the latest version... newsflash, the latest version is still ****. Why should I, or anyone waste my time dealing with this????? I go into photoshop, I go into illustrator I can make crisp clean text all day long, which I've ended up doing anyway since people on this forum never seem to know what anyone is talking about and think the answer to everything is knowing the version number.

Peter Cave

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 12:10 am

matthoefler wrote:
ttakala wrote:You're not giving much to work with here, Matt. No screenshot, no footage, no system specs, no description of what you actually did to help others replicate the problem and help you. In addition to that, you come off as an entitled child, and not just in this thread. So good luck, maybe someone can read your mind and you get the advice that you think you deserve. How you think that disrespecting people is going to aid in that is beyond me.

If you don't know what I'm talking about then you obviously don't know the answer; so I honestly don't need to giving me the run around in the first place considering that FACT.

Put also, when I have managed to get the text to NOT fringe and exported a couple of frames on text as .TIFFS to look at them, guess what? THEY LOOK HORRIBLE! At 100% zoom they have distortion along the edges anyway... even the clean looking text! Pretty SIMPLE conclusion if you ask me; RESOLVE CAN'T DO TEXT, AND CAN'T DO TITLES! This is Resolve 17.2.2 for those of you brainiacs who think the solution will to be update to the latest version... newsflash, the latest version is still ****. Why should I, or anyone waste my time dealing with this????? I go into photoshop, I go into illustrator I can make crisp clean text all day long, which I've ended up doing anyway since people on this forum never seem to know what anyone is talking about and think the answer to everything is knowing the version number.

Perhaps reading the advice from Blackmagic regarding posting on these forums would be helpful for you. I think your experience interacting with others will be improved.
LINK: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190
Resolve 18.6.6 Mac OSX 14.4.1 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Charles Bennett

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 8:28 am

The problem is that you post like a beginner having a tantrum, so don't be surprised at being treated like one.
Resolve Studio 19.0b build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Jim Simon

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 3:33 pm

matthoefler wrote:You want me to...take classes on Resolve?
My first guess for the cause here is Operator Error, so yes, learning how to use the software would be the best solution.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... ning#books
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

matthoefler

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 2:53 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
matthoefler wrote:You want me to...take classes on Resolve?
My first guess for the cause here is Operator Error, so yes, learning how to use the software would be the best solution.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... ning#books

Guess what retard... the color fringe is still there... and not one of you knows the solution to this... but it's my fault? It's my operator error? I just used Resolve's in program text and it looks like ****, the export looks the same, so I see what it's doing, you're just here pretending the problem doesn't exist.
Newsflash; Resolve doesn't work correctly... if there is a solution, WHAT IS IT? If YOU know what it is TELL ME WHAT IT IS instead of insisting I don't know what I'm doing, or... SHUT YOUR ****ING MOUTH! Why is there color fringe on text???????? WHY is it present even on the export?????? That's MY fault????????????? Did you miss the part where EVEN text that isn't fringing when exported STILL looks like **** when you look at it exported, by comparison a frame of text created in photoshop looks clean? If you know so much what are the answers to these problems? You think Resolve's training book will admit their text looks like straight up garbage?

Why do you bother posting here to tell people the problems they are having in Resolve aren't actually happening? Do you realize how stupid you look wasting people's time?????
Attachments
resolvecantdotext.jpg
resolvecantdotext.jpg (247.09 KiB) Viewed 535 times

Jim Simon

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 2:55 pm

matthoefler wrote:you're just here pretending the problem doesn't exist.
Well, it doesn't exist for any of us, who know how to use the software.

Coincidence? Possibly.

Possibly not, though. The training is recommended to eliminate that variable.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 2:57 pm

matthoefler wrote:tell people the problems they are having in Resolve aren't actually happening?
That's actually not what we're saying. We're saying it's possible that you've done this, albeit unintentionally.

Again, the training is the recommendation so that possibility can be eliminated.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

matthoefler

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 3:14 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
matthoefler wrote:tell people the problems they are having in Resolve aren't actually happening?
That's actually not what we're saying. We're saying it's possible that you've done this, albeit unintentionally.

Again, the training is the recommendation so that possibility can be eliminated.

You are so ****ing stupid it really is a waste of my time to talk to you, you REALLY need to stop posting on my thread, and you're so lucky I can't get my hands on you because I'd knock every tooth out of your ****ing mouth.

HOW WOULD THE TRAINING MATERIAL SOLVE THE ISSUE OF RESOLVE NOT EXPORTING TEXT CORRECTLY?????????????????????? TEXT FRAMES CREATED IN PHOTOSHOP DON'T FRINGE IN THE PROGRAM AND DON'T FRINGE ON EXPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF I DID IT UNINTENTIONALLY, HOW DOES THE TEXT EVEN BECOME FRINGED UNINTENTIONALLY IN THE FIRST PLACE???????

I know you don't know the answer, WHICH IS MY ****ING POINT, half the people on this board don't know the solution to ANYTHING, they are just Resolve sycophants who defend Blackmagic no matter what even when they have zero valuable insight to the problems people are having. You are a waste of human space; know it, accept it, CHANGE IT!

Return to DaVinci Resolve