Media offline from Premiere

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jimbobby12378

Media offline from Premiere

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 12:59 am

I imported a Premiere Pro timeline via the XML function and most of the stuff imported fine. However there are a few clips that show as offline. Strange part is I cant find them in the media pool. Is this a limitation of the XML import or am I missing something simple?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Media offline from Premiere

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 8:41 am

Resolve might not support those formats, depending on OS and Studio/free version, or the info in the xml might not have described where the clips were correctly, or did but they were not whee described or Resolve doesn’t have access to that path.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

jimbobby12378

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 10:41 am

Makes sense, although I'm less concerned with the media not being located during the import and more with the fact that there is no apparent to manually link the media after the import.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 10:46 am

If u manually place the media in the media pool, from the edit page, select the missing element in the timeline and the media pool clip and in the timeline right clip to force conform
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

jimbobby12378

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 10:50 pm

It actually turned out that they were in fact formats that are not supported. All the missing clips were either .vob or .avi. Thanks for the info I will remember that for the future

Return to DaVinci Resolve