Can't export my project

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

molenmer

Can't export my project

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 5:24 pm

Hello again,

After having many troubles a few weeks ago with Davinci Resolve involving the problems connecting to my speed editor, I now have yet another problem and possibly a way bigger problem.

Situation:
- I updated my NVidia Studio driver to the latest (before anyone asks :) )
- I edited another wedding
- It's 11 minutes long
- I've used several Fusion DeFlicker effects on plenty of clips
- I have added Noise Reduction to some as well

So, everything is ready to go, I finished my entire timeline. Now my nightmare starts when trying to export it all.

It gets to around the third clip when I get the classic "Your GPU memory is full, try changing the timeline resolution or correctors etc.".

I've tried disabling the Noise Reduction, but to no avail.
I've tried disabling the DeFlicker and this seems to work temporarily up to 40%, and then stops again.

Either way, disabling things will not suffice of course, as I use Noise Reduction and DeFlicker for a reason.

I know my system is a bit dated, but it shouldn't have any problems dealing with a bigger project. Worst case scenario it takes a bit longer to export.

I googled first of course and found this:

It seems to solve it at first and renders a part of the project without any problems. But at 37% it crashed again.

Here is a link to the logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ducZIa ... sp=sharing

PS: I tried everything before updating my GPU, now after the update I don't get the message from Resolve anymore, but instead a Windows stopped working message.
DR Studio 18.6.6 Build 7 macOS Sonoma 14.2.1
Apple M1 Pro 16" (2021) 16GB RAM

roger.magnusson

Re: Can't export my project, AGAIN

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 9:40 pm

If it's a 4K timeline you're rendering your GPU definitely does not have enough RAM at 4GB. Might work in HD but temporal effects like deflicker and temporal noise reduction use up much more memory than single-frame effects.

When I had to do retiming using optical flow together with superscaling in a 4K timeline with noise reduction I had to render the retiming first. Even with a 12GB GPU.

roger.magnusson

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 9:52 pm

By the way, the person in the YouTube video you linked to is spreading some really bad information there. He has 4K video but makes an HD timeline which is then upscaled to 4K while rendering. That will obviously result in a loss of detail contrary to what the thumbnail says.

Resolve even warns him about it but he ignores it. :)

molenmer

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 10:12 am

Thanks for your fast reply. Based on your info I Rendered in Place the clips with Fusion DeFlicker effects on them. After that it exported fine within 10 minutes.

I simply didn't know you had to do that before exporting. I expected the program could do that by itself but that it would just take a bit longer. Good to know! :D
DR Studio 18.6.6 Build 7 macOS Sonoma 14.2.1
Apple M1 Pro 16" (2021) 16GB RAM

roger.magnusson

Re: Can't export my project

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 11:29 am

It's not that you always have to do it like that, but when you have limited memory it helps to divide up the operations.

Return to DaVinci Resolve