Media Offline issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jallen0

Media Offline issues

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 5:33 pm

I am having a bunch of media offline issues and while I think I know where they started from, I am not entirely sure how to fix it.

I moved some finished projects to an offline storage and when I went back into a current project all of the media was offline. The current drive I am using is permanently installed to the machine so that's not it. I checked the pathways and they looked OK to me, but I might have missed some of them.

I relinked the videos and audio and they repopulated. However all of the cache files, the fusion files and even things like the cross dissolves are showing up as Media Offline.

I THINK that when I moved files offline some of them, being some of my first projects, may have been set as the locations for the files, however I am honestly unsure about that.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I get out of this mess without redoing all of the issues missing?
2019 MacPro OS 12.1, 3.2GHz 16 Core, 160GB Mem, 4TB Drive, 8TB Internal Sonnet Raid, Dual Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB
LG UF 5k, 27" Tbolt Display, 55" LG C8
Resolve Edit Keyboard, Mini Panel, US 4K Mini
Resolve Studio Ver. 17.4.3
Desktop Video 12.1

jallen0

Re: Midia Offline issues

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 5:38 pm

OK, I may have solved it, but I don't know what I did solved it.

I went into Project Settings and then looked at Working Folders. The file path was there for all of them, which I had checked before. However this time I hit the Browse button and reselected the same file paths and this time things popped back in.

It appears that even though the file path was there, Resolve wasn't seeing it. Anyone have this issue before?
2019 MacPro OS 12.1, 3.2GHz 16 Core, 160GB Mem, 4TB Drive, 8TB Internal Sonnet Raid, Dual Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB
LG UF 5k, 27" Tbolt Display, 55" LG C8
Resolve Edit Keyboard, Mini Panel, US 4K Mini
Resolve Studio Ver. 17.4.3
Desktop Video 12.1

Marc Wielage

Re: Midia Offline issues

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 11:20 pm

jallen0 wrote:OK, I may have solved it, but I don't know what I did solved it. I went into Project Settings and then looked at Working Folders. The file path was there for all of them, which I had checked before. However this time I hit the Browse button and reselected the same file paths and this time things popped back in. It appears that even though the file path was there, Resolve wasn't seeing it. Anyone have this issue before?

In some cases, if you've changed the paths in Working Folders and Media I/O, you'll need to exit and relaunch in order for Resolve to "see" the drives. Try that and see if it works.

I have definitely had problems changing the Cache drive on our other system when moving projects back and forth, but if I get out the crowbar and try multiple times, it usually works.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve