Importing videos via XML. Need required XML layout?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

tytrate

Importing videos via XML. Need required XML layout?

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 3:54 am

I use FVC 8 (Fast Video Cataloger) to organize my video library. After searching for video files, I need a way to get the resultant file set into Resolve's media pool. I assume I can do that using Resolve's "Import Media From XML" feature.

I want to keep it as simple as possible. I'm hoping that I need only describe the path to each file.

What is the layout-syntax for an XML file that Resolve can use to open a set of files.

Thanks.

Peter Cave

Re: Importing videos via XML. Need required XML layout?

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 6:48 am

You need to use the Final Cut Pro 7 XML format which is used by both Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere. Either of these companies should be able to provide info on the correct formatting. The other option is to use an EDL format which is a much older and simpler text based format.
Resolve 18.6.6 Mac OSX 14.4.1 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Andy Mees

PostSun Jul 25, 2021 7:33 am

The FVC dev calls it exporting a 'exporting a playlist'... that's what you're looking for.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

tytrate

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 4:51 am

Thanks Andy. I found the FVC option you suggested.

Return to DaVinci Resolve