Data Burn-In - Logo performance issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andy Mees

Data Burn-In - Logo performance issue

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 10:26 am

Hi All

Was about to make a Feature Request to the effect that the performance of the Data Burn-In Logo function needs optimisation... but I thought I'd better check that the issue is not at my end first.

I have a 1920x1080 PNG file, being a static station ident with transparency. It's my standard practice to burn this logo in to any screeners as and when appropriate. When I throw this file directly onto an upper track, in my (HD) timeline, my playback remains as responsive as ever and exports speed along as normal... but if and when I try to use the same file as a 'Logo', via Data Burn-In, my playback and export speeds go straight out the window.

Does anyone know if this a bug and/or known issue that needs attention, or am I causing myself the pain by trying to use the function with a full frame file and or a poorly chosen format? And yes, you're not wrong, I really should just test this for myself!

Thanks in advance for the insight
Andy
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

iddos-l

Re: Data Burn-In - Logo performance issue

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 10:57 am

Yea I have posted this before.
Very poor performance!
It’s a great feature so it’s a shame.
Will add my +1 to to the request

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uli Plank

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 11:23 am

Crop it to the area that's really used, that seems to help a lot.
Maybe AI can help you. Or make you obsolete.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Andy Mees

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 4:24 pm

Thanks Uli, spot on. I cropped the 1920x1080 full frame transparency to just the actual logo area (166x232) and playback / exports have now returned to normal. All good.
Cheers
Andy
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

iddos-l

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 5:33 pm

Great news!
Thanks Uli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to DaVinci Resolve