Corrupt BRAW

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

JJSalsoso

Corrupt BRAW

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 11:51 am

Hello partners. I would like you to advise me with this problem. Recently, in the middle of a recording (and the shot was really good) my BMPCC 4K's battery died. Already sitting in my study I discovered that this shot cannot be read, even though it occupies about 800Mb. I can see the cover images of the rest of the shooting, but not this one, in which I only can see the BRAW icon. I imagine that this is an error in the closing of writing of the recording.

I know there are software to recover other professional photo and video files. The question is: does it exist for BRAW? Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Jim Simon

Re: Corrupt BRAW

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 4:13 pm

I can't help with this issue directly. But I can suggest looking into updating the camera's firmware. In my tests on the P4K, I didn't lose any files at the end of battery life. Things only went weird when I pulled the AC without a battery installed, something the camera can't "plan for".
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve