Please please fix noise reduction

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

dave4443

Please please fix noise reduction

PostThu Jul 29, 2021 8:30 am

It works fine as in... it reduces noise, but it makes audio playback very buggy afterwards. Not in a way that ruins the project but it does cause issues.

Like if you fast forward through the project it creates an echo, if you skip frames it will play audio from different areas and not what is actually on that frame.

I've mentioned it a few times and sent a project to get checked and then heard nothing back but it makes audio work a huge pain and is one of the few things keeping me on the adobe suite for now

Michael Gissing

Re: Please please fix noise reduction

PostThu Jul 29, 2021 11:14 am

I definitely recommend clip based plugins are best done as a bounce. This renders a new clip, places it on top and mutes the original on the layer beneath. This is much more reliable than running plugins without caching or even using render cache.

Having used the original Fairlight for 16 years, this is the normal behaviour that worked reliably and I'm so pleased to see it in the Resolve version of Fairlight.

Plugins on tracks or bus are fine but clip based plugins, either native or third party VST is buggy.

Return to DaVinci Resolve