Cannot change "audio processing block size" setting

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Asher123

Cannot change "audio processing block size" setting

PostThu Jul 29, 2021 6:58 pm

Just wondering why I cannot change "audio processing block size" setting in Davinci Resolve? It has "auto" as the only option in the drop down list.

FYI - I am using Windows 10 and have an RME Babyface Pro audio interface to connect my microphone to Davinci Resolve so that I can do VO recording and ADR.

The reason I want to change the "audio processing block size" is because I get crackling in my microphone recordings - yet I get perfect audio recordings using any other Windows application (eg Audition, or even SnagIT, all not using ASIO drivers either) - and I have tried everything else to fix the problem.

Your help is appreciated.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Cannot change "audio processing block size" setting

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 2:06 am

We are looking into this. for now its auto.
Check the sample rate of the RME is the same as Resolve... 48K
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Asher123

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 2:16 am

Thanks Peter for your reply.

Yes, RME and also Windows config are set to 48 kHz. But still the same issue. My cheap USB microphone works perfectly, but I want to use my professional microphones for VO and ADR work.

Note that I have the Studio version of Davinci Resolve.

Asher123

PostFri Aug 20, 2021 3:26 pm

Davinci Resolve version 17.3 released today with ASIO audio driver support!

IT WORKS and solves all my audio crackling and pop issues! It’s wonderful that ASIO audio drivers have now been included in Davinci Resolve.

For others wanting to get the ASIO driver options available, here are some instructions:

(1) In Preferences > System > Video and Audio I/O, set I/O Engine to ASIO, and then save and restart Davinci Resolve.

(2) After Davinci Resolve restarts, go to the Preferences tab again and select your Device under Audio I/O. You can also click on button <Device Config> to configure your ASIO driver.

(3) Uncheck "Automatic speaker configuration"... to manually configure you speakers in the “Monitor Speaker Configuration” area just below.

Now you should be able to make all the settings you need by patching a selected audio channel in Fairlight to the appropriate ASIO audio driver channel.

Return to DaVinci Resolve