Weird inconsistent audio artifacts

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Stephen Buckley

Weird inconsistent audio artifacts

PostThu Jul 29, 2021 11:17 pm

I'm working on an hour-long program with not too many edits, but when I go to render the project or even just a small part of the project maybe 30% of the time I'll notice parts of the audio will sometimes repeat or double up like an echo. It isn't often and usually for a few seconds here and there. Its obviously is a problem since I have to review the entire hour just to make sure there isn't a glitch anywhere before I send it off.
Davinci Resolve Studio 18 - Windows 10 Pro - DELL 7910 Intel Xeon E5v3 @ 2.60GHz 12-core Tower Workstation with 96GB ram - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 TI - 1300w PSU

panos_mts

Re: Weird inconsistent audio artifacts

PostThu Jul 29, 2021 11:52 pm

Are you using nested timelines?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 1:41 am

Can you tell us which audio interface you are using?
If you restart resolve does this immediately fix the issue?
Are you using dynamic project switching?

When you hear this, can you generate diagnostic logs as per he FAQs and post a link here please ?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Stephen Buckley

PostWed Aug 04, 2021 9:22 pm

Sorry, I didn't get back sooner, was deadlining and then resting.

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Can you tell us which audio interface you are using?
If you restart resolve does this immediately fix the issue?
Are you using dynamic project switching?

It is hard to tell if restarting fixes the issue, because this is an intermittent problem (for me only 30% of the time). Simply re-rendering usually addressed the issue and if it didn't, the problem was not in the same spot. For this project, I wasn't using Dynamic Switching.

panos_mts wrote:Are you using nested timelines?

Yes, I am using nested timelines. Was never a problem that I know of in the past. I feel like the most recent update I started encountering the issue.

On my laptop, will try to get back with a log file.

Thanks.
Davinci Resolve Studio 18 - Windows 10 Pro - DELL 7910 Intel Xeon E5v3 @ 2.60GHz 12-core Tower Workstation with 96GB ram - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 TI - 1300w PSU

panos_mts

PostWed Aug 04, 2021 10:40 pm

Stephen Buckley wrote:Yes, I am using nested timelines. Was never a problem that I know of in the past. I feel like the most recent update I started encountering the issue.
There are many other threads with users reporting audio glitches when using nested timelines/compound clips, it started with Resolve 17. Try to decompose the nested timeline and render again.

Return to DaVinci Resolve