Graphic Tablet acts strange in DaVinci

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

FrankCastleOG

Graphic Tablet acts strange in DaVinci

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 5:11 am

Hey out there,

I would like to draw on Fusion's Paint Node, which even has some settings for that purpose.
But although my drivers are checked and my pen/screen-calibration does the job in any other software, DaVinci acts strange when I use my stylus.
The cursor is always way below the position I'm pointing to.
The offset even varies depending on where my stylus is located on the screen. The farther I move the stylus to the side the closer the cursor gets to it.
The weirdest thing is that I actually CAN draw in the correct location(!) but the cursor keeps doing it's own thing some inches/cm below and triggers the buttons below the display window.
Any idea what's going on here?

setup:
Windows PC, XP-Pen22 drawing-screen-tablet, Davinci Resolve 16 free version

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Graphic Tablet acts strange in DaVinci

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 7:56 am

There are a number of improvements in v17.2.2
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

FrankCastleOG

Re: Graphic Tablet acts strange in DaVinci

PostThu Aug 12, 2021 6:28 pm

The Problem is kinda solved

Thanks for the help..... It seems to be an issue that my other screen is a TV with a different Resolution,
No matter how I set the screen order and resolution in Windows, DaVinci seems to adapt to the TV's resolution.

For now I just unplugged and it works perfectly... Hope to find out how to do that without compromising....

FYI: Windows lets me define which monitor is the main screen and how they are arranged but I can't switch the Number (1&2).... I don#t know but could that be a hint to the solution?

Return to DaVinci Resolve