Sync Bins Not Triggered After Copying Bin to

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

bryantocara

Sync Bins Not Triggered After Copying Bin to

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 11:22 pm

... a new project.

Just fishing to see if anyone has ever had this issue, I could have discovered a very specific bug. I'm going to troubleshoot more when I'm back in my editing suite on Monday, but so far, the scenario is as follows:

Sync bin properly created using cut page.
Those "Media Sync" multicam clips were created by the software and dropped in the media pool.

The method of editing that that technique of lining up footage (there's many other ways, I know) works perfectly.

I can work on any clip by itself outside of a multicam clip (nice because clips are already "flattened" if you want to jump into color sporadically) and only bring in a piece of footage from another angle using live overwrite and the sync bin in the cut page to "fetch" the matching clip for me and "paint it on" when needed for a type of multicam experience, Cut Page style.

Here's where the problem comes in:

I turned on Dynamic Project Switching.
Ctrl-C'd the bin with my media syncs and clips (and the media syncs are those multicam clips that were generated with the time and dates), then switched to the second project, and Ctrl-V'd into the new media pool.

Everything seems to have been imported perfectly until I try clicking on Sync Bin in the Cut page with a first base layer of clips already created (and which I know have been synced).

Apparently, Resolve isn't triggering the media syncs to be accessed properly in the new project and I can't use live overwrite because no multiple camera angles are shown.

If I just drop the actual media sync multicam clip in the timeline in the Edit Page and use it there, you can tell it's a proper multicam, just that it's not being triggered by the Cut Page to be accessed with Live Overwrite.

Can anyone replicate this issue for me?

The only other thing I will try on Monday is to do an actual, proper .drb export and import and see if that works; because I'm thinking my quick copy and paste method was the cause of the Sync Bin not being triggered properly in the new project.

Any thoughts?

I know there are other methods of multicam editing and those will be my backup workarounds, I just want to figure out this specific glitch.

Sent from my motorola razr using Tapatalk

Return to DaVinci Resolve