Does DR studio key include Fusion studio?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

l0nglive

Does DR studio key include Fusion studio?

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 4:30 am

Hi,

There was information in 2020 saying that a Resolve studio key includes a fusion studio license. In another thread, it was said that Resolve studio is standalone software, unrelated to fusion studio.

Today I find an image on eBay of a license key with fusion studio and one without.

Can I please get an answer whether Resolve studio and fusion studio are bundled?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Does DR studio key include Fusion studio?

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 7:26 am

From v17, the DaVinci Resolve activation key will also activate a seat of Fusion Standalone.

That said, beware of sellers online unless they are BMD authorized resellers. There are counterfeit copies online that we frequently block so consider the official list or be certain you can get your money back, even some time after purchase, once we block the counterfeit items.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/resellers/
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

l0nglive

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 7:30 am

Thanks, It clears my confusion

I believe the sellers are often people with multiple BMPCCs and want to cash out the extra license, the packaging looks legit. I will pay attention to the feedback and seller history.

TheBloke

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 7:52 am

l0nglive wrote:Thanks, It clears my confusion

I believe the sellers are often people with multiple BMPCCs and want to cash out the extra license, the packaging looks legit. I will pay attention to the feedback and seller history.

Last year I contacted a seller on eBay offering the "Fusion Studio dongle" for a good price. I asked for a photo of the dongle. They PM'd me to say they were selling a Google Drive link for the cracked software. Rather predictable, but I was still surprised they were so brazen about it. I reported it to eBay, but when I checked a few weeks later, the listing was still there.

Given you can get a free Speed Editor at the moment if you pay the normal price from a reseller, I'd think buying off eBay isn't a great deal even if it's definitely legit. It'd have to be an awful lot cheaper to make up for not getting a piece of hardware as well.
Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

Uli Plank

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 7:59 am

If you don't need the hardware, why not buy something definitely legit and sell the Speed Editor?
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Jim Simon

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 2:15 pm

l0nglive wrote:people with multiple BMPCCs and want to cash out the extra license
The problem with that is you may run into difficulty getting support if the seller has already registered.

Pay full price from an authorized Reseller.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve