Audio Out of Sync on Export?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jeffrey Chance

Audio Out of Sync on Export?

PostTue Aug 03, 2021 12:22 am

Hey everyone.

Delivering a 4K R3D RAW short film @ 4K 2160 DCI as a DNXHR 422 HQX and I'm encountering an issue I've *never* seen before. The project is in sync, plays in sync, but on export the audio is out of sync. I don't know why the audio is drifting and I've *never* had this issue before.

The footage lives on a RAID 8 TB Drive, and I'm rendering to the same drive. I've rendered it about four times, with the first two renders having no audio sync. It's only been in the last two renders where the audio is crazy out of sync. I can confirm that it's in sync on timeline though.

Furthermore, I tended to get a GPU Processing error when I had the client drive in (strange..), so I ended up copying all the files and relinking them here and tripple checking the audio is in sync.

Can someone offer some advice? I've NEVER seen this before and It's screwing so much up right at the end of the project. I normally have no issues syncing and use a 2 pop at the head and tail of the project.

Computer specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Default string
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F11, 10/15/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.1
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI-CF
BaseBoard Version x.x
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 22.7 GB
Total Virtual Memory 45.9 GB
GPU: 2080Ti.

Jeffrey Chance

Re: Audio Out of Sync on Export?

PostTue Aug 03, 2021 1:33 am

Mods, please delete this.

Found out what it was:

Strange setting on the audio panel about OUtput track bus. Fixed that and the audio was good to go on the following render :)

it's strange that it was somehow toggled differently between renders, I barely if ever mess with audio.

Return to DaVinci Resolve