New VFX Plugins for DaVinci Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Uli Plank

Re: New VFX Plugins for DaVinci Resolve

PostTue May 10, 2022 11:34 pm

MainConcept has updated their plug-in and among other improvements, they are now supporting streams for Blu-ray and DVD as some authoring systems expect them (from their description):
- Blu-ray Disc profiles for creating streams that are compliant with common authoring tools
- Capability to render DVD and Blu-ray Disc streams as multiplexed or as separate audio and video elementary streams
- Generic AVC/H.264 8-bit and 10-bit presets with AAC in MP4 up to 4K
- Extended audio track support for professional Sony camcorder presets

Thought I'd let you know. I'm not affiliated with them.

Sorry, should have belonged to the other thread. But Peter beat me to it.
Maybe AI can help you. Or make you obsolete.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

TekTurek

PostThu May 12, 2022 12:31 pm

Hi guys, it's me again with the big news: Our GOAT plugin for FCP, mTuber 3 is from now also available for DaVinci Resolve. mTuber 3 is a collection of 72 practical elements that make any video more fun. With a wealth of intros, transitions, supers, icons and so much more, this plugin is your ultimate choice for all things YouTube.

You can find the details here:
https://mvfx.co/mTuber_3_DV

And the promo video, if you don't know what I'm writing about :)
-
Resolve Team Leader at MotionVFX

messiah-resolve

PostSat May 21, 2022 10:53 am

Titles - Transitions - Effects....
https://www.messiah-resolve.com/

TekTurek

PostWed Jun 01, 2022 12:58 pm

Brand new Title Pack from MotionVFX is available now! Set of 50 beautifully animated cinematic titles are now available for Resolve users too!

mTitle Cinematic 2
https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mtitle- ... p3795.html

Promo video available in here:
-

TekTurek

PostMon Jun 20, 2022 6:24 am

Hello Everyone.
At MotionVFX we prepared a FREE luma matte transition effect for your edits. With some extra effect nodes, we pumped up a bit the classic luma dissolve switch, so don't hesitate and give mTranstion LUMA a try by yourself.

https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mtransi ... p2235.html

Short workflow video in here:
-

TekTurek

PostWed Jun 29, 2022 1:05 pm

Hello Everyone,

I can proudly present, that we managed to prepare our first callout pack for resolve. No mocha tracker as in the FCP version, all was built around a build-in Resolve tracker. 50 clean design Callouts presets with linked/static/perspective movement engine are available for you all. It was challenging but we've made it :)

There's also a DEMO available to download on our site, for you to check how it works.
:arrow: https://mvfx.co/mCallouts_Simple_2_DV

We've tried to make those as easy to use as we could, and we're happy for your feedback. And here's the tutorial on know-how for those files.
-

TekTurek

PostWed Jul 06, 2022 1:28 pm

Hello again.

This time I want to announce our cooperation with iJustine - mKeynote. This pack is another one designed for three platforms: DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere.

Pack of over 100+ Apple-style elements for enriching your edits in a minimalistic and beautifully designed way. Lot of cool stuff inside, so take a look at our website:

https://mvfx.co/mKeynote

or the promo video itself:

Thanks, and see you on the next one!
-

TekTurek

PostFri Jul 08, 2022 1:05 pm

Another Freebie from MotionVFX - mCamRig is now available for Resolve too!

Smart tool to use over the footage to fake some dynamic camera zooms, really easy to use, and was fun to create.

More info here :arrow: https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mcamrig,p2219.html

And the tutorial what's what and how to use that is here:
-

Calai222

Re: New MotionVFX Plugins for DaVinci Resolve

PostWed Jul 20, 2022 9:22 pm

herein2020 wrote:
jayfro wrote:Just bought MTuber2 for DaVinci Resolve, I also own it for Final Cut Pro. Looks basically the exact same in Resolve and Final Cut but watching these things render cache in Resolve is painful. The same title openers/effects load in seconds in final cut if not faster with instant playback.

I love Resolve's timeline playback until you start adding in titles/motion graphics, it becomes a render caching nightmare when you're using tons of titles in the timeline. Resolve is getting better and better, I just want to know what the secret is in Final Cut versus all other software out there? How does Apple pull it off on my 16gb of RAM M1 mac mini? I want that level of performance with Resolve.

Just for the record I 100% agree with you; DR is awesome, until you try to do anything Fusion related including motion graphics. The minute you introduce motion graphics it becomes a caching stuttering mess that makes the entire project painful to work with. Even simple crossfade transitions need to be cached and the slightest change to the project and the whole thing starts over again; downright maddening even with the small projects that I work on.

It is so bad that I now don't add anything Fusion related until last and just put markers where I plan on putting in motion graphics then I hope the customer does not need any edits afterwards; so frustrating for such an otherwise stellar product.

I come from the PP world and did not have any of these problems in PP. I have to believe that the DR dev team is aware of how bad it is and are working to improve it.

oh! So is not just here with my computer. Yeah I feel like if I blow some gentle air onto my monitor the render cache will reset and start over... this is indeed maddening.
TUF B450M | Ryzen 3800X | 32GB Fury @2400hz | GTX 1660 6GB | Logitech G502
DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6

TekTurek

PostTue Jul 26, 2022 1:20 pm

Big Summer Sale is now on MotionVFX store. All DaVinci Resolve products are included. Save 30% off.

:arrow: https://www.motionvfx.com/store/davinci-resolve

Also, remember to 'check for updates' inside mInstaller from time to time. Some of our graphic packs already got some improvements added in the last weeks.
-

Abdurahman Tumgaev

PostTue Jul 26, 2022 6:53 pm

Maybe off-topic
But I highly believe for Resolve to be more successful, it needs to give more tools to the user more easily, to add more functionality to the program.

jamedia

PostTue Jul 26, 2022 7:09 pm

Abdurahman Tumgaev wrote:Maybe off-topic
But I highly believe for Resolve to be more successful, it needs to give more tools to the user more easily, to add more functionality to the program.

There are a lot included now.
What is good that many other 3rd party companies also make add ons for resolve.

The thing is 90% of those out there is don't need or want. the 10% I do want will probabley be different to a lot of other people who will want a different 10-15%. So rather that bloat Resolve with lots of "OK" free stuff it is better that I get really good ones from third parties that fit my needs and are really good.
www.JAmedia.uk
[AMD Ryzen 5950X 16 Core CPU | 128GB Ram | NVIDIA 3080TI 12GB ]
[MB ASUS ProArt B550| C Drive:; 1TB M2 980 Pro | D Drive; 2TB M2 970 EVO ]
[ Win 11 home |Resolve Studio V18.6 | Speed Editor via USB | Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen| ]

Uli Plank

PostTue Jul 26, 2022 7:52 pm

Second that.
Maybe AI can help you. Or make you obsolete.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Abdurahman Tumgaev

PostSun Jul 31, 2022 10:23 am

jamedia wrote:There are a lot included now.
What is good that many other 3rd party companies also make add ons for resolve.

I think you mean the built-in and 3rd party fusion effects and open fx right? I didn't mean that (although that is what can be understood, looking back on it). I mean just in general tools, that with which you can extend the functionality of resolve, not only in just adding video effects and transitions, but actually user-made tools which can control your workflow in Resolve. But again, it's pretty off-topic.

TekTurek

PostWed Aug 03, 2022 12:21 pm

Hello guys, another pack from MotionVFX is here. This time it's mTitle Restyle. A pack of 65 elements with a base of stylized 30 typography presets restyling the input text in various ways. Some additional backgrounds and effects are also included, to build a whole stylized composition. Check it out on our website:
:arrow: https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mtitle- ... p3641.html

Or directly on our YouTube Channel on how easy it is to use:
-

TekTurek

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 8:16 am

Hello Everyone!

I want to proudly announce, that MotionVFX got its first anniversary of starting with Resolve Plugins. That was an interesting year for us, learning new software and its secrets was really challenging, but I guess we covered our quality quite well. I really want to thank the BMD team for every bit of support and for answering our questions. Also thank every DaVinci Resolve user that trusted us and gave us feedback on how we could improve. We're doing all of that to make your life easier.

In the last year, we've created over 20 products, including 6 freebies, and we're ready to bring you more tools and graphic packs useful for your edits.

To celebrate that anniversary we give you a 50% off discount on every second Resolve product (valid till 21st Aug). If you're not part of our community, that's a good time to join us. All of the details can be found on http://www.motionvfx.com

-

Berlin

PostMon Aug 15, 2022 8:30 pm

I use some motionVFX plugins in Final Cut and have two questions about the Resolve versions:

1. I assume if you want to get the same plugins for both platforms you have to pay the full price twice? At least I didn't see anything on the MotionVFX page that said otherwise.

2. Is the performance of the plugins (e.g. Mtutorial) in Resolve similar to that in FCP? I guess not (because of Motion vs Fusion performance). But will they be noticeably more CPU-hungry then the FCP versions?

Thanks
Macbook Pro 16" i7 - DaVinci Resolve Studio 17, After Effects, Motion

TekTurek

PostTue Aug 16, 2022 6:14 am

Berlin wrote:1. I assume if you want to get the same plugins for both platforms you have to pay the full price twice? At least I didn't see anything on the MotionVFX page that said otherwise.

Hey Martin. As the FCP and DVR teams work separately and whole thing is building from scratch on the new platform, so we need to pay for their workhours too. Still, You can ask for a rebate directly on our chat https://mvfx.co/Chat . From the good news, such discount will be automated in our store (but I cannot give you a specific date yet). So, if you got a product on FCP and need DVR version, you got the second one cheaper, and vice versa.
2. Is the performance of the plugins (e.g. Mtutorial) in Resolve similar to that in FCP? I guess not (because of Motion vs Fusion performance). But will they be noticeably more CPU-hungry then the FCP versions?

Work performance is a bit slower than in FCP (not so responsive in the preview, unfortunately, the adjustment clip effects are not render cached yet - and you need to use them in more complex edits), but the render times on Resolve are better than the FCP (on M1 Max Machine - BMD did a really good job for the new Apple processors in DVR18). Long story short, we try to optimize everything as much as we can, and often update older stuff when we learn a new 'trick' for some things, but we cannot improve much on heavy edits on slower hardware. Still, everything is way smoother than PR tho ;)
-

Berlin

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 8:56 am

TekTurek wrote:
Berlin wrote:1. I assume if you want to get the same plugins for both platforms you have to pay the full price twice? At least I didn't see anything on the MotionVFX page that said otherwise.

Hey Martin. As the FCP and DVR teams work separately and whole thing is building from scratch on the new platform, so we need to pay for their workhours too. Still, You can ask for a rebate directly on our chat https://mvfx.co/Chat . From the good news, such discount will be automated in our store (but I cannot give you a specific date yet). So, if you got a product on FCP and need DVR version, you got the second one cheaper, and vice versa.

Work performance is a bit slower than in FCP (not so responsive in the preview, unfortunately, the adjustment clip effects are not render cached yet - and you need to use them in more complex edits), but the render times on Resolve are better than the FCP (on M1 Max Machine - BMD did a really good job for the new Apple processors in DVR18). Long story short, we try to optimize everything as much as we can, and often update older stuff when we learn a new 'trick' for some things, but we cannot improve much on heavy edits on slower hardware. Still, everything is way smoother than PR tho ;)

Thanks Bartlomiej,

I will use the MotionVFX chat then. I am still on the fence when buying plugins that I alreaday have in FCP simply because of the DR performance. Generally I find the things in mHelloDV perfectly ok to use.

It's only when you are used to the performance of plugins in FCP that you become spoiled. I'm assuming it's because plugins made in Motion can use all the highly optimized MacOS APIs which Resolve/Fusion can't because it's cross-platform?
Macbook Pro 16" i7 - DaVinci Resolve Studio 17, After Effects, Motion

TekTurek

PostTue Aug 23, 2022 1:18 pm

Hi guys the new trackable pack from MotionVFX is out!

mMessage2 is a cool pack of 101 elements you can use to present the communication and messages in a graphic way. Clean and universal design that covers the most popular communicators. Bonus they're trackable inside the presets, so you can easily connect them to your video. Take a look at those and make your message pops!

More info is here:
https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mmessag ... p3838.html

Promo video is here:
-

TekTurek

PostTue Sep 20, 2022 12:42 pm

Hello Everyone!

Another MotionVFX pack for DaVinci Resolve is live! This time we got something for all wedding video editors. mWedding is a pack of over 50 graphic elements (+13 LUTS) to bring a bit more magic to all that beautiful days you've recorded!

All the details are in here:
:arrow: https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mwedding-dv,p3847.html

Promo video is here:
-

TekTurek

PostTue Oct 11, 2022 1:11 pm

Hi guys, just wanna inform you that the best-selling logo pack from MotionVFX is now available for DaVinci Resolve.

mLogo Channel is a pack of 50 carefully designed logo animations. Upload your logo, set the colors, write your captions and you're ready to go!

Get the details and animation previews on our site:
https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mlogo-c ... p3859.html

And more DVR stuff is coming this month, so stay tuned!
-

Razbak

PostSat Oct 15, 2022 5:12 am

Hi Tektuek

The big ticket item I am waiting for is mTracker 3D Projection Mapper....saw mTracker 3D Tutorial - Mapping videos on a flat surface in footage using mTracker 3D - MotionVFX by Erwan Le Cloirec.

I could dearly use this product for aerial scenes I have and new one I can imagine by using it.

Any idea when it will become available for DR. Thx
DR 18.0.3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz
RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1196MHz (17-17-17-39)
Notebook P65_67HSHP (U3E1)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Storage 953GB INTEL SSDPEKKW010T7 / 2 x 3Tb external SATA

TekTurek

PostThu Oct 20, 2022 11:18 am

Hey guys! The new pack for DaVinci Resolve from MotionVFX is mButtons!

Small (28 elements), but eye-catching set of graphic elements, build especially to visualize all the call-to-action requests on your videos. Need fancy animated buttons? This pack is for you!

Intro price is valid until 26th October. All the details about mButtons as always on our website:

https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mbuttons-dv,p3854.html

and demonstration how it works is here:
-

TekTurek

PostThu Oct 27, 2022 12:33 pm

Hey everyone, another pack from MotionVFX is on and we count on your honest opinions about it!

mCounter is a pack of 20 counter/timer presets that displays the flow of time in your videos. It seems simple but everyone that tried to build that in fusion knows that not an easy thing to do. But we got it. And it automatically counts the time flow on every framerate project. Give it a try and check the details here:

https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mcounter-dv,p3868.html

or watch it in action on YouTube:
-

TekTurek

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 12:27 pm

Hello everyone.

Just wanna inform you all, that we started with the big November Sale for our whole MotionVFX store, so it's the best time to get our DaVinci Resolve Packs at lower prices. Whole discount will be available till 4th December, so you got plenty of time to find something for yourself.

Long story short: MotionVFX got 30% off for everything with code: BLACK30, and if your purchase is worth at least $100, you'll get a free mHolo product for DVR too.

That's all. Enjoy!
-

jallen0

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 12:46 pm

lol I just purchased something to try last week.
2019 MacPro OS 12.1, 3.2GHz 16 Core, 160GB Mem, 4TB Drive, 8TB Internal Sonnet Raid, Dual Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB
LG UF 5k, 27" Tbolt Display, 55" LG C8
Resolve Edit Keyboard, Mini Panel, US 4K Mini
Resolve Studio Ver. 17.4.3
Desktop Video 12.1

Igor Riđanović

PostMon Nov 14, 2022 4:18 pm

Computer Vision is a free Resolve exclusive plugin from Meta Fide. With Computer Vision you can turn any video into retro computer ASCII art. Computer Vision can be used in the Edit page as well as the Fusion page. Download from https://www.metafide.com/?product=computer-vision

www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

TekTurek

PostThu Dec 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Hey guys, after short break and a big november sales we're back with Resolve pack releases on MotionVFX.

Last for this year goes mCollage: 163 elements to build beautiful graphic compositions inside your edits.
:arrow:

Results can look like this:

And the details are in here:
https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mcollage-dv,p3894.html

Cheers! See you on 2023!
-

jallen0

PostThu Dec 15, 2022 3:26 pm

I have an ideal for you to consider. Instead of giving a discount on a second item you should give a discount on the total you buy per month, or a rolling bonus that increases per purchase in your account. The reason is that I picked up 3-4 new packages from you this month, but not on the same days. Therefore I lost out on any discounts.

And yes, If I thought I was going to use them all when I started I would have purchased them all at the same time.
2019 MacPro OS 12.1, 3.2GHz 16 Core, 160GB Mem, 4TB Drive, 8TB Internal Sonnet Raid, Dual Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB
LG UF 5k, 27" Tbolt Display, 55" LG C8
Resolve Edit Keyboard, Mini Panel, US 4K Mini
Resolve Studio Ver. 17.4.3
Desktop Video 12.1

TekTurek

PostTue Jan 03, 2023 1:02 pm

Hello everyone! At MotionVFXs' Resolve Team, we start 2023 with the release of another big pack for DaVinci - mEvent. This is a pack of over a hundred graphic elements to illustrate any big event. Use it to inform, inspire, and invite your target audience to your conference, concert, or live show. A lot of universal presets, so I think you can find the usage also in different types of videos.

All details in here: https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mevent-dv,p3867.html

And a brief tutorial on what is what you can find here:

Again thanks for your feedback and support! Happy 2023!
-

TekTurek

PostFri Jan 20, 2023 7:55 am

Hello again Resolvers!

Quick update with MotionVFX's new packs:

:arrow: mTransition Noise - 69 glitchy dynamic transitions, great for some energetic edits with a lot of customization options.

:arrow: mMeasurements - 22 titles to visually represent properties and values.

:idea: As always visit our store for all the info:
https://www.motionvfx.com/dvr
-

AnthonyReno

PostSat Feb 25, 2023 7:46 pm

Igor Riđanović wrote:Computer Vision is a free Resolve exclusive plugin from Meta Fide. With Computer Vision you can turn any video into retro computer ASCII art. Computer Vision can be used in the Edit page as well as the Fusion page. Download from https://www.metafide.com/?product=computer-vision

Very cool! Thanks for creating and sharing that!
DR & F Studio v18.1.1,Win11Pro, i9-13900K, 128GB RAM
GPUs:Intel UHD 770 & RTX 3090ti
Speed Editor, Pen:Huion Inspiroy Dial 2 & XPPen Artist 13.3 Pro, Elecom HUGE Trackball

AnthonyReno

PostSat Feb 25, 2023 7:48 pm

jallen0 wrote:I have an ideal for you to consider. Instead of giving a discount on a second item you should give a discount on the total you buy per month, or a rolling bonus that increases per purchase in your account. The reason is that I picked up 3-4 new packages from you this month, but not on the same days. Therefore I lost out on any discounts.

And yes, If I thought I was going to use them all when I started I would have purchased them all at the same time.

This is a great idea. MVFX has lost sales from me because of this.
Speed Editor, Pen:Huion Inspiroy Dial 2 & XPPen Artist 13.3 Pro, Elecom HUGE Trackball

TekTurek

PostThu Mar 02, 2023 1:08 pm

Hi guys, some new packages from MotionVFX are available in our store:

:arrow: mJourney - travel themed pack of 88 elements for all the journey vlogs and vids you're editing
https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mjourney-dvr,p3915.html

:arrow: mShorts - 110 short-form presets for vertical aspect projects.
https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mshorts-dvr,p3923.html

:arrow: mPodcast - 65 elements to pump up the video aspect for the podcast community.
https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mpodcast-dvr,p3933.html

:!: Also, we did some solid updates for most of the old packages so make sure you update those via mInstaller.

Thanks for every feedback!
-

mamoworld

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 8:07 am

We recently released BeatEdit for DaVInci Resolve.
It can detect the beats in your music track and represent them as markers or subtitles in the timeline. It can also generate beats clicks audio (like a metronome) to show you exactly where the beats are.
This does not only allow you to place cuts in sync with the music, but also to edit the music itself (like deleting or duplicating sections).

On YouTube it got fantastic reviews:
Search on YouTube for "George Kamenow - This Resolve Plugin Will Save You Hours of Editing" to find the tutorial.

I tried to post urls to the video and the BeatEdit product page, but I get an error that I am not allowed to post URLs. Why?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 6:06 pm

New users on the forum are not allowed to post URLs.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

jamedia

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 6:19 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:New users on the forum are not allowed to post URLs.

That is a pain. My first posts here were for a problem and I could not post links, or files, as requested by you!

Anyway the video is useful so here is the link

Note: I have no connection with the poster and probably won't buy the plugin, but I can see why it will be useful to many.

@mamoworld I hope that helps.
www.JAmedia.uk
[AMD Ryzen 5950X 16 Core CPU | 128GB Ram | NVIDIA 3080TI 12GB ]
[MB ASUS ProArt B550| C Drive:; 1TB M2 980 Pro | D Drive; 2TB M2 970 EVO ]
[ Win 11 home |Resolve Studio V18.6 | Speed Editor via USB | Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen| ]

TekTurek

PostFri Apr 07, 2023 8:10 am

Hey everyone! MotionVFX is still producing new packs for resolve and here are the lastest ones:

mReal Estate - over 110 elements for estate video editors, a lot of beautifully designed tools to emphasize your offer.

mChannel Modern - complete modern graphic pack for your video channel. 50 eyecatching elements to keep your viewers attention.
-

Robert Niessner

PostMon Apr 10, 2023 10:28 am

mamoworld wrote:We recently released BeatEdit for DaVInci Resolve.
It can detect the beats in your music track and represent them as markers or subtitles in the timeline. It can also generate beats clicks audio (like a metronome) to show you exactly where the beats are.
This does not only allow you to place cuts in sync with the music, but also to edit the music itself (like deleting or duplicating sections).

I tried to post urls to the video and the BeatEdit product page, but I get an error that I am not allowed to post URLs. Why?

That’s for spam protection.

The video can be found here:

Product page is here:
https://aescripts.com/beatedit-for-davinci-resolve/

I can highly recommend Mathias products, have been using a lot of his tools in AfterEffects for years.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

TekTurek

PostThu Apr 20, 2023 10:58 am

Hello Everyone!

MotionVFX released a 2nd part of the popular mMusic Video pack prepared especially for all music video editors, over 60 presets with stunning effects/transitions and typography to pump up your edits.

Promo vid/overview is here:

And all the details on our website:
https://mvfx.co/mMusic_Video_2_DVR
-

Vladimir LaFortune

PostFri Apr 21, 2023 8:12 pm

This is my first time browsing this thread and I got one advice as a long time Fusion user from way back. Most of the timers, counters and infographics could be made to your liking inside Fusion tab without any advanced tools, trickery or workarounds. Just simple basic tools and some super simple beginner expressions. Once you are satisfied just save the node flow as a macro with adjustment settings you prefer and you have your own tool ready to be deployed in any project in the future.

AnthonyReno

PostFri Apr 21, 2023 9:16 pm

Vladimir LaFortune wrote:This is my first time browsing this thread and I got one advice as a long time Fusion user from way back. Most of the timers, counters and infographics could be made to your liking inside Fusion tab without any advanced tools, trickery or workarounds. Just simple basic tools and some super simple beginner expressions. Once you are satisfied just save the node flow as a macro with adjustment settings you prefer and you have your own tool ready to be deployed in any project in the future.

That's pretty much true of everything in DR. The stuff posted here is purely about saving time via not having to come up with an idea, refine the idea, color spec the idea, refine the color, build the parts, and make the automations work smoothly across varying conditions.

It sounds super easy to do in practice...and that is the case for really simple stuff. For really good stuff, no. Ergo...the templates put out by those posting here.

TekTurek

PostMon Apr 24, 2023 10:43 am

AnthonyReno wrote: It sounds super easy to do in practice...and that is the case for really simple stuff. For really good stuff, no. Ergo...the templates put out by those posting here.

Totally agreed. We're aware that some people just go time/will to learn Fusion Tab, and are looking for just drag&drop solutions. Also, some things need only the manual Fusion workflow, and cannot be compressed into a 'template' so we encourage you to learn Fusion as well :)
-

okiewardoyo

PostTue Apr 25, 2023 12:59 am

mamoworld wrote:We recently released BeatEdit for DaVInci Resolve.

On YouTube it got fantastic reviews:
Search on YouTube for "George Kamenow - This Resolve Plugin Will Save You Hours of Editing" to find the tutorial.

This is why million of people love Capcut and Premiere including to me :D , cutting a clip based on beat of music is really amazing thing, saving hundreds of time.
Begin using Resolve in Mon May 02, 2022.
All of Software in the world are just tools. No perfect Software. Use it if it works for you.
Resolve 18.6 | Raizen 7, 40Gb Ram, RTX 3060, Win 11

LeonGeen

PostFri May 12, 2023 11:05 am

If Fusion has a good sequencer and provides better customizable behavior nodes, making templates may be easier. This allows for the packaging of frequently used keyframe behaviors into the actor.

GarryFrey

PostTue May 23, 2023 9:08 pm

I bought an inexpensive package with 1700+ effects on VisualVFX after watching reviews on Youtube. Great package for my money, it has just a gigantic 40 GB package of light leaks, but it doesn't have the transitions that the old videos did - with flares and stars, so I'm still looking. The style is changing and if you can find ancient templates for PrPro, you can't for Davinci. I was given a coupon for 10% off - maybe someone will need it - DRJJ10

TekTurek

PostWed May 31, 2023 7:29 am

Hi Everyone, three more MotionVFX plugins for Resolve are available at our store:

:arrow: mTransition Distortion:

:arrow: mDocumentary:

:arrow: mFitness:
-

Kenzo

PostWed Sep 06, 2023 5:47 pm

Introducing Frame Creator Pack 2 - a tool for easily and quickly creating multi-window compositions and animations.
There are also effects to replace both modes of the built-in Video Collage, which is relatively inconvenient to use.
The effects work from version 18.1 in both Studio and Free, drag & drop, completely from the Edit page.
The package comes with more than 150 built-in preset animations, but of course you can also create your own, as the effects are fully customizable.
Included instructions and Video tutorial for each effect.

The pack is available at http://www.art-fx.eu

Eryk Rogozinski
www.art-fx.eu

Paul Fisher

Re: New MotionVFX Plugins for DaVinci Resolve

PostWed Sep 20, 2023 6:44 pm

jayfro wrote:
Uli Plank wrote:Resolve is being developed for three platforms. Apple is optimizing FCP for their own hardware…

Wow, you've fully enlightened me to something everyone is aware of. Just sharing my experience with the plugin performance in Final Cut Pro Vs Resolve. Especially as someone editing 50-60 hours per week between these 2 pieces of software for large companies. I don't think Black Magic design has the mindset that just because Final Cut Pro is native to mac that they want to have crap playback of motion graphics and titles in their software. I doubt that's the case at all since they're touting a roughly 3x performance increase on M1 hardware with the 17.3 update.

Still waiting for Resolve to add a tab for motion graphics that's layer based. Keep Fusion for compositing but add a layer based tab for motion graphics as well. Pretty tough to do motion graphics work with something like Motion 5 and then go back to Fusion where adding a simple drop shadow means adding a node. Moving something means adding a Transform node, cropping something means adding a crop node. Those basic things should be included every single time you drop a piece of media into the Fusion workspace without having to add 3 extra nodes to do it. Turnaround times are the most important thing in this business for many clients.

I've been using Resolve since version 12 back in 2015 when I bought the original URSA Mini 4.6k, love the software, but I've migrated about 50% of my editing over to Final Cut Pro and almost all of my motion graphics work over to Motion 5 (real time playback) because it's so much faster. Hoping to see continued improvements with Resolve and Fusion.

A motion graphics tab would be GREAT. With actual decent keyframing abilities.
It's so annoying when you switch to Fusion it pulls in the top clip even when you have a clip SELECTED. This whole process sucks.
WORK MACHINE:
MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2021
Apple M1 Max 64 GB - Ventura 13.5.2 (22G91)
2 TB Glyph and other thunderbolt SSDs

PERSONAL MACHINE:
MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2021
Apple M1 Max 64 GB - Ventura 13.4.1
4 TB internal SSD
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve