New VFX Plugins for DaVinci Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

New VFX Plugins for DaVinci Resolve

PostTue Aug 03, 2021 2:45 am

If you see or use VFX plug ins or plug in packs for Resolve please list them in this thread to help others try them out and report any issues you find.

FYI, MotionVFX, which for years has been making plugins & templates for FCP now adds DaVinci Resolve plugins to its offering. On top of that they offer numerous LUT packs.

There is also a free product mHelloDV, to give a sample of the quality together with 3 fully fledged products: mTitleCinematic, where you can experiment with truly cinematic typography, mTuber 2 for all professionally looking YouTube channel elements and m16mm to add that analogue vibe to the footage.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

bounceHouse

Re: New MotionVFX Plugins for DaVinci Resolve

PostWed Aug 04, 2021 3:43 am

FYI to folks exploring the new offerings: motionVFX's products are received via their installer application, and on a windows 10 machine, Bitdefender currently interrupts and quarantines the installer as malicious, possibly due to the detailed system scan-and-report that their installer seeks to perform.
PC Win 10 Pro, 64GB ram; NVidia 522.30; dual monitor; RTX 3080 (10GB); auto/CUDA processing mode; SSD cache, separate SSD for data; Davinci Studio 18.6.5 build

ricardo marty

PostWed Aug 04, 2021 4:44 am

Tried to install but couldn't.

Ricardo Marty
DVR_S 18.5, Asus ProArt PD5, 2.5 GHz i7 16-Core 64GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM GeForce RTX 3070 1TB M.2 NVMe Window 11, LenovoLegion 2.6 i7 10750h 2.6, 64gb 3200mhz, rtx 2060, 1tb ssd M.2 Win 11 BenQ PD3420Q, Sony FS700R, Bmp4k, Sony A6700. PreSonus AudioBox

Sid Jervis

PostWed Aug 04, 2021 9:33 pm

I visited the site and installed their free product mHelloDV on a Mac.
The installation process does get flagged as intrusive.

It is early days yet, but the demo pack looks good.

Sadly, yesterday the mTuber2 pack was $69, today it is up to $99.
The m16mm pack also increased in price - or the "offer" was removed.

I guess I'll have to wait for a sale :(

infinityespi

PostThu Aug 05, 2021 6:34 pm

This is actually pretty cool. if they find a way to put their mpuppet tool in resolve that would open some doors in regards to animating stuff.
DaVinci Resolve Studio 17
macOS Big Sur
Imac 2021
M1
16 gigs of Ram
https://www.infinityespi.com

Sid Jervis

PostThu Aug 05, 2021 7:09 pm

I bought the mTuber2 and m16mm packs. I had an issue installing them (now fixed).
Good responsive support.

I'm happy with the purchase, but I have more testing to do :)

iammagicmike

PostTue Aug 10, 2021 5:04 pm

bounceHouse wrote:FYI to folks exploring the new offerings: motionVFX's products are received via their installer application, and on a windows 10 machine, Bitdefender currently interrupts and quarantines the installer as malicious, possibly due to the detailed system scan-and-report that their installer seeks to perform.

thanks for the heads up, I would have immediately deleted it and ran away

iammagicmike

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 5:31 am

ricardo marty wrote:Tried to install but couldn't.

Ricardo Marty

I also could not install it on Windows 10. I emailed support but haven't heard back yet.

jayfro

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 6:36 pm

Just bought MTuber2 for DaVinci Resolve, I also own it for Final Cut Pro. Looks basically the exact same in Resolve and Final Cut but watching these things render cache in Resolve is painful. The same title openers/effects load in seconds in final cut if not faster with instant playback.

I love Resolve's timeline playback until you start adding in titles/motion graphics, it becomes a render caching nightmare when you're using tons of titles in the timeline. Resolve is getting better and better, I just want to know what the secret is in Final Cut versus all other software out there? How does Apple pull it off on my 16gb of RAM M1 mac mini? I want that level of performance with Resolve.
M2 Macbook Air, 8 core CPU 10 core GPU, 24GB of RAM
Resolve Studio 18.5
Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

Uli Plank

PostSat Aug 14, 2021 1:47 pm

Resolve is being developed for three platforms. Apple is optimizing FCP for their own hardware…
Maybe AI can help you. Or make you obsolete.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

jayfro

PostFri Aug 20, 2021 1:24 pm

Uli Plank wrote:Resolve is being developed for three platforms. Apple is optimizing FCP for their own hardware…

Wow, you've fully enlightened me to something everyone is aware of. Just sharing my experience with the plugin performance in Final Cut Pro Vs Resolve. Especially as someone editing 50-60 hours per week between these 2 pieces of software for large companies. I don't think Black Magic design has the mindset that just because Final Cut Pro is native to mac that they want to have crap playback of motion graphics and titles in their software. I doubt that's the case at all since they're touting a roughly 3x performance increase on M1 hardware with the 17.3 update.

Still waiting for Resolve to add a tab for motion graphics that's layer based. Keep Fusion for compositing but add a layer based tab for motion graphics as well. Pretty tough to do motion graphics work with something like Motion 5 and then go back to Fusion where adding a simple drop shadow means adding a node. Moving something means adding a Transform node, cropping something means adding a crop node. Those basic things should be included every single time you drop a piece of media into the Fusion workspace without having to add 3 extra nodes to do it. Turnaround times are the most important thing in this business for many clients.

I've been using Resolve since version 12 back in 2015 when I bought the original URSA Mini 4.6k, love the software, but I've migrated about 50% of my editing over to Final Cut Pro and almost all of my motion graphics work over to Motion 5 (real time playback) because it's so much faster. Hoping to see continued improvements with Resolve and Fusion.
Resolve Studio 18.5
Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

herein2020

PostFri Aug 20, 2021 4:20 pm

jayfro wrote:Just bought MTuber2 for DaVinci Resolve, I also own it for Final Cut Pro. Looks basically the exact same in Resolve and Final Cut but watching these things render cache in Resolve is painful. The same title openers/effects load in seconds in final cut if not faster with instant playback.

I love Resolve's timeline playback until you start adding in titles/motion graphics, it becomes a render caching nightmare when you're using tons of titles in the timeline. Resolve is getting better and better, I just want to know what the secret is in Final Cut versus all other software out there? How does Apple pull it off on my 16gb of RAM M1 mac mini? I want that level of performance with Resolve.

Just for the record I 100% agree with you; DR is awesome, until you try to do anything Fusion related including motion graphics. The minute you introduce motion graphics it becomes a caching stuttering mess that makes the entire project painful to work with. Even simple crossfade transitions need to be cached and the slightest change to the project and the whole thing starts over again; downright maddening even with the small projects that I work on.

It is so bad that I now don't add anything Fusion related until last and just put markers where I plan on putting in motion graphics then I hope the customer does not need any edits afterwards; so frustrating for such an otherwise stellar product.

I come from the PP world and did not have any of these problems in PP. I have to believe that the DR dev team is aware of how bad it is and are working to improve it.
DR: 18.6.4 BUILD 19 Studio
CPU: Core i9-13900K 24 Cores@3.0GHz, 128GB of RAM
GPU: RTX 4080
Drives: NVME OS Drive, NVME RAID Array, NVME Cache Drive
Project Media: H.265 10 Bit 4:2:2 | Canon XF-AVC | Cinema Raw LT

jayfro

PostFri Aug 20, 2021 6:59 pm

Happy to hear from a former Premiere Pro user. I used Premiere for about 5 years before I fully switched over to Resolve/Final Cut. I don't remember these "caching issues" with premiere pro titles etc. I'm hoping we increased capbilities for nodes (drop shadow, outline, transform, resizing, cropping etc) all included when you bring your media into Fusion instead of having to add nodes to do such simple things. I bring a video clip or image into Motion 5 and those things are all included by default with whatever you import into the workspace. It makes no sense that you need to add 4-5 nodes to accomplish the same thing in Fusion. It just takes longer and bloats node trees.

Fingers crossed we see better playback in future versions and maybe the M1X macs will give a bigger performance boost for motion graphics etc. Very happy to see MotionVFX creating plugins for Resolve, hopefully they're able to recreate all of their plugins for Resolve.

herein2020 wrote:
jayfro wrote:Just bought MTuber2 for DaVinci Resolve, I also own it for Final Cut Pro. Looks basically the exact same in Resolve and Final Cut but watching these things render cache in Resolve is painful. The same title openers/effects load in seconds in final cut if not faster with instant playback.

Just for the record I 100% agree with you; DR is awesome, until you try to do anything Fusion related including motion graphics. The minute you introduce motion graphics it becomes a caching stuttering mess that makes the entire project painful to work with. Even simple crossfade transitions need to be cached and the slightest change to the project and the whole thing starts over again; downright maddening even with the small projects that I work on.

It is so bad that I now don't add anything Fusion related until last and just put markers where I plan on putting in motion graphics then I hope the customer does not need any edits afterwards; so frustrating for such an otherwise stellar product.

I come from the PP world and did not have any of these problems in PP. I have to believe that the DR dev team is aware of how bad it is and are working to improve it.
Resolve Studio 18.5
Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

drknsss

PostSat Aug 21, 2021 12:09 am

jayfro wrote:
Uli Plank wrote:Resolve is being developed for three platforms. Apple is optimizing FCP for their own hardware…

Wow, you've fully enlightened me to something everyone is aware of...., .

So you don't think Apple wants their flagship NLE to perform better than any other software on their hardware? I think that's the "secret".

jayfro

PostSun Aug 22, 2021 2:39 am

drknsss wrote:
jayfro wrote:

Wow, you've fully enlightened me to something everyone is aware of...., .

So you don't think Apple wants their flagship NLE to perform better than any other software on their hardware? I think that's the "secret".

I guess if I'm playing on the opponents home field, it's impossible to beat the opponent. Then why bother showing up? I'm glad I don't have that mindset and that I don't settle for mediocrity.
Resolve Studio 18.5
Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

TekTurek

PostTue Aug 31, 2021 7:18 am

Hi Guys, Bartek from MotionVFX. I'll try to get some answers for the things that were mentioned in this topic.
bounceHouse wrote:FYI to folks exploring the new offerings: motionVFX's products are received via their installer application, and on a windows 10 machine, Bitdefender currently interrupts and quarantines the installer as malicious, possibly due to the detailed system scan-and-report that their installer seeks to perform.

Our mInstaller is quite fresh for Windows, as we just started with creating stuff for DV, but we got all the required certificates and licenses for it to work. Maybe Bitdefender's database wasn't updated yet, but we assure you that we try to cover all the safety issues.
Sid Jervis wrote:Sadly, yesterday the mTuber2 pack was $69, today it is up to $99.

We got the Introduction price policy for a very long time and that wasn't something mischievous and greedy, sorry that you've missed the opening price. FYI, we got store sales very often, and we also get some discounts when you purchase more than one product etc. I hope when our DV products database will grow, it'll be easier for you to pick something right for you ;)

For the start, we want to recreate the stuff from FCP to the DV, but not everything is possible to make 1:1 (such as video dropzones in the titles), l think later we'll make some stuff specially for Resolve, as it got some other tools that we could use with plugin creation ;)
And yup, we also found that our motion graphic packs are working faster in FCP than DV, and we're working hard to get the right performance, but I hope that Fusion will be optimized for such motion graphics packs. I think adding a drfx bundles for template creators is the first step to such change.
iammagicmike wrote:I also could not install it on Windows 10. I emailed support but haven't heard back yet.

As I checked we got your issue covered. Feel free to write our support when you got any problems with our DV packs, we're there for you :)
As the last thing, I want to say is, that besides our mHelloDV Free pack, currently there is another freebie available: mPathChallenge that is a part of a Video Editing contest we're running right now. Our base of DaVinci products will grow, so I invite you all to follow us to get the info (and the intro prices) about our DVR products first ;) the address is motionvfx.com (I'm not allowed for url's)

Stay safe!
-
Resolve Team Leader at MotionVFX

Sid Jervis

PostTue Aug 31, 2021 10:42 am

TekTurek wrote:
Sid Jervis wrote:Sadly, yesterday the mTuber2 pack was $69, today it is up to $99.

We got the Introduction price policy for a very long time and that wasn't something mischievous and greedy, sorry that you've missed the opening price. FYI, we got store sales very often, and we also get some discounts when you purchase more than one product etc. I hope when our DV products database will grow, it'll be easier for you to pick something right for you ;)

The pricing for me was a timing issue, the price happened to change as I was deciding to buy, I wasn't suggesting anything devious. I did get a discount code and I am happy with the products that I bought.

The issue that I have is that I don't like the minstaller, it didn't run properly on my Mac, it hung on a regular basis and having it permanently installed as a "helper" app caused problems on my machine. It adds complexity to the install for no good reason. As a user, the quality of the templates are good, the installer not at all.
From a process point of view the installer is not required, certainly not with .drfx file capability in DR.
Above all, please do not install an application and place it in my login startup list without asking my permission.

I'm using OSX, but clearly being flagged by bit defender or other protective software isn't good publicity.
As a minimum, on the web site please explain to prospective buyers what the installer does, both during and after installation. Perception really matters.

jayfro

PostWed Sep 01, 2021 5:54 pm

And yup, we also found that our motion graphic packs are working faster in FCP than DV, and we're working hard to get the right performance, but I hope that Fusion will be optimized for such motion graphics packs. I think adding a drfx bundles for template creators is the first step to such change.
[quote="iammagicmike"

I know the performance issues aren't caused by you guys ;) Resolve has work to do when it comes to the performance and playback of motion graphics in their software. Those changes will only come if enough voices speak out about that performance and how it needs to improve. They obviously want companies like Motion VFX making graphics packs for their software, so I'm sure they're very open to making improvements. I would love to see dropzones in Resolve like FCP.

I would also love to see Resolve give you the option of adding drop shadows, outlines, position movement/aka transforms and cropping anytime you add a piece of media into the workspace in Fusion. That would drastically decrease the number of nodes needed for larger motion graphics designs. To do all those things now, you have to add multiple nodes to accomplish those things. Those should be adjustable options in the inspector in Fusion anytime you place a new piece of media into the workspace.

I would also love to see more "specialized" nodes in Fusion like Apple Motion 5's behaviors. Fusion has the "follower node" and that's great, but Motion 5 has so many different behaviors just for text animation alone. I would love to see Resolve add "behavior nodes" that make animating faster and easier to pull off. Real world projects are all about turning things around quickly, and right now, when it comes to motion graphics, Resolve can't compete with Motion 5 or After Effects.
Resolve Studio 18.5
Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

Adrian Mcyorian

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 5:29 pm

i think BMD implemented fusion on DR right BUUUUUUUT!
about text, and speed motion graphics we need some more simply and same caplable!
Fusion is a brutal piece of PRO -software, and its ok for advanced composition and VFX.
But for titles, and motion graphics and simple projects we need some more effective on time.
What about if we get a new tab for text and graphics on the same way Cut tab is related to Edit Tab?
i mean if we have a cut tab for simple edit task and edit tab for advanced edit work, why dont we have a tab for Titles and simple motion graphics?

is like if we have to go to war and we need guns, ¡but only guns! and we carry a whole giant an all mighty Tank just because it has guns too! Nonsense! :D :D :D :D :D

Fusion is a MONSTER.. but sometimes its power is not so required for little task like TEXT!
System specs:
Resolve Studio version: 18.5.1
CPU: Intel core I5
RAM: 32GB
GPU: GTX 1070

Trensharo

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 9:06 pm

IMO, they should just allow that one to be installed without an account creation. I'm not buying until I can try something and assess performance. I'm not creating an account just to trial with a freebie.

I'm trying to decrease the amount of Privacy and Data Sharing policies I have to keep up on, these days, and most companies do not let you delete an account from their system should you decide not to buy/use anything.

The account creation should be for paid purchases only.

Trensharo

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 9:11 pm

Adrian Mcyorian wrote:i think BMD implemented fusion on DR right BUUUUUUUT!
about text, and speed motion graphics we need some more simply and same caplable!
Fusion is a brutal piece of PRO -software, and its ok for advanced composition and VFX.
But for titles, and motion graphics and simple projects we need some more effective on time.
What about if we get a new tab for text and graphics on the same way Cut tab is related to Edit Tab?
i mean if we have a cut tab for simple edit task and edit tab for advanced edit work, why dont we have a tab for Titles and simple motion graphics?

is like if we have to go to war and we need guns, ¡but only guns! and we carry a whole giant an all mighty Tank just because it has guns too! Nonsense! :D :D :D :D :D

Fusion is a MONSTER.. but sometimes its power is not so required for little task like TEXT!

The issue with Fusion has more to do with Resolve than it does with Fusion. The Resolve pipeline is not optimal for this type of work. You can alleviate it by round tripping to Fusion Studio, which anyone can now install alongside Resolve Studio.

TekTurek

PostWed Sep 22, 2021 11:34 am

Trensharo wrote:IMO, they should just allow that one to be installed without an account creation. I'm not buying until I can try something and assess performance. I'm not creating an account just to trial with a freebie.

I'm trying to decrease the amount of Privacy and Data Sharing policies I have to keep up on, these days, and most companies do not let you delete an account from their system should you decide not to buy/use anything.

The account creation should be for paid purchases only.

Unfortunately, downloading anything without a MotionVFX account will not be possible - mostly due to our licensing system, that works the same for both free, and paid products, both for our FCP or DV packs. The current one is very convenient for us to give all the clients good customer support, updates or new products info and its not very different from any online store you can sign to. If you will want to delete your account later, just contact our support, and we’ll do it right away. We don't force anything on you.
-

Thom Guida

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 4:06 am

Sid Jervis wrote:I visited the site and installed their free product mHelloDV on a Mac.

HALLOWEEN SALE ON NOW!
RSD v.18.04, BMD KB & Micro Panel
Win10 Pro V21H1 OS build 19043.1889
Nv GTX 3090 dV516.94
Ryzen 3900x@3.8; 64GB
IntelNicI211 12.15.180.0/Aquantia 10TbNic
C:\Sam980 Pro NvMe 2TB on ASRock x570 Taichi MB v3.0; QNAP Cache 2TB NVMe Raid6 42TB.

Sid Jervis

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 2:37 pm

Thom Guida wrote:
Sid Jervis wrote:I visited the site and installed their free product mHelloDV on a Mac.

HALLOWEEN SALE ON NOW!

As I mentioned, I downloaded the free mHelloDV pack, be warned, using these is addictive. I have bought five additional packs. They are high quality products and for me, a big time saver.

The good news for me is that I got the discount offer price.
I waited for other packs to be released, so far each of the packs have had some discount, new release prices etc.

The products are good and the support system is responsive.
The only negative for me is, I don't like having mInstaller on my machine, but I understand why it is there.

Thom Guida

PostWed Nov 03, 2021 3:38 pm

Agree, I kept watching my cart get loaded, then I reconsider my $$$ allocations on what.

Let me say this and be CLEAR about it. There is/was a "Support Tech" I reached out to clarify a few things with including - why am I paying a VAT in USA. Everytime I went to complete purchase there was that VAT, so NO, not going to pay VAT.

I guess he jumped off-line to login as ADMIN for MotionFX and he comes back with there is no VAT in your bucket. I told him there was, he tells me company is Poland based (OK) and the billing apparatus will adjust for it upon completion. I may be old, and tired but not a turnip.

I go on to explain I do business on a fairly regular basis with
a company in (Correction) .CZ and without saying their name, Marketing individual Radek Richter (IIRC)
sends his update and available offerings which i explore on YT. I like what I see, I purchase it if i can afford it. ONE time it ask
Radek
for a better deal than was the current offering and low and behold the Gent makes me little ole me a ONE-TIME special basket just for me at a very very good price point. I jumped on it. OK, NOW MY POINT - after explaining (texting) that story to him, he accuses me I am like trying to pull a fast one and he goes on a tear. HUH????

After I get him back on point he tells me "there is no VAT" in your cart, but if your local taxes would include items such as these there would be nothing he (accounting department maybe) do. I advise him this IS an internet purchase from an off-shore company (Poland) and they are going to charge me local taxes? I said/text, REALLY? NO OTHER non-CONUS country charges a local tax. The discount time is nearing an end and i execute the purchase. GUEST WHAT???? I WAS CHARGED LOCAL TAXES BY A NON-US and off-shore COMPANY! WoW!

Last statement:
Radek
, Bernd and other off-shore BM vendors/resellers/VARs I have dealt with don't charge me tax, not because I ask them not too - because they have no right to.

Closing on a good point: the mInstaller did not trigger the multiple layers of A-V, Malware, Root-kits detectors. "It" can be slow on the download, not issue with my connection, I have a 1GB up/down pipe.

My edit in quotes -
RSD v.18.04, BMD KB & Micro Panel
Win10 Pro V21H1 OS build 19043.1889
Nv GTX 3090 dV516.94
Ryzen 3900x@3.8; 64GB
IntelNicI211 12.15.180.0/Aquantia 10TbNic
C:\Sam980 Pro NvMe 2TB on ASRock x570 Taichi MB v3.0; QNAP Cache 2TB NVMe Raid6 42TB.

sparrow

PostWed Nov 10, 2021 8:42 pm

Are there any plans for mpuppet for Fusion? Or maybe its already in the making? Thanks for dropping any hint on this one if someone from mvfx guys is reading this thread. Keep up amazing work!
Mac OS 12.0.1. / Macbook Pro 15 2018 / 2,6 Ghz 6 Core Intel i7 / 16 GB RAM /Radeon Pro 560x 4 GB.

Sid Jervis

PostThu Nov 11, 2021 12:52 am

FYI for anyone looking for a discount on these products...

There is 30% off most products at motion VFX website.
The sale lasts till end of Sunday, November 14, 2021

TekTurek

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 1:51 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for all the responses. We're slowly building our products database so stay tuned :)

Thom Guida wrote:I said/text, REALLY? NO OTHER non-CONUS country charges a local tax. The discount time is nearing an end and i execute the purchase. GUEST WHAT???? I WAS CHARGED LOCAL TAXES BY A NON-US and off-shore COMPANY! WoW!

What I can say after contacting our support about this:
Digital products are taxable in New Jersey. This includes digital audio-visual works like movies, audio works like music and ringtones and digital books. (Source -http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/pubs/sales/anj27.pdf)

sparrow wrote:Are there any plans for mpuppet for Fusion? Or maybe its already in the making?

Not yet. Right now we're trying to recreate the graphic stuff, as our developer team is busy on other stuff, but in the future you should expect some 'more advanced' stuff from us.

Sid Jervis wrote:There is 30% off most products at motion VFX website.

Yup, and it'll last a bit longer on our Black Weeks Sale.

Any way I just wanna inform you that we released today a free mMatrix pack for DaVinci (and FCP) that contains some cool stuff I guess you'll enjoy.
8-)
-

MotionVFX

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 2:30 pm

Thom Guida wrote:off-shore BM vendors/resellers/VARs I have dealt with don't charge me tax, not because I ask them not too - because they have no right to.

Hi, Zbigniew from MotionVFX's Customer Support here - I just wanted to expand a bit on the taxes issue.
As Bartek has mentioned above, digital products are taxable in NJ.
Charging tax is forced upon by the local/state laws so it's not a matter of "do/do not want to" but rather something that has to be done even by the companies not located in the US.
Any external (non-US) company that meets special requirements (which are usually 200 transactions or $100k in sales in the previous or current calendar year) automatically obtains something called an economic nexus. As a result, the state requires said company to register for a state sales tax permit and it requires the company to collect sales tax from all buyers in that state.

In short, there's unfortunately nothing we can do about taxes being applied to orders :disappointed:

Sid Jervis

PostThu Nov 18, 2021 3:55 am

TekTurek wrote:Any way I just wanna inform you that we released today a free mMatrix pack for DaVinci (and FCP) that contains some cool stuff I guess you'll enjoy.
8-)

Nice, mMatrix, cool and FREE, YAY!

natecombsmedia

Re: New VFX Plugins for DaVinci Resolve

PostWed Nov 24, 2021 7:04 pm

Not sure if it is best to expand this official topic or start a new one, but as an audio pro, I was delighted to also see the widened support for virtually all VST3s in the latest update (Studio version 17.4.2). I would highly recommend taking advantage of everything Waves and iZotope have to offer, which now seems to have compatibility for 100% of their audio tools, including more musical ones.

However, I run a pretty strong Windows 10 computer though it is 5 years old (64gb ram, i7 6 core processor, 7tb ssd storage combining M.2 and SATA, and trying out an RTX 2060 super at the moment), but after the update I'm getting a very weird bug I used to never get before.

If I try to open any plugins from the RX7 (or updated RX9) audio suite now, they still technically function with whatever default settings are there, but the window to control them is too small to see much, and cannot expand in size.

Yes, you can work around that by using the inspector tab's windows, but opening my needed RX plugins instantly disables the ability for Resolve to save. That will definitely ruin some projects I receive with less than stellar quality audio if I can't figure it out. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Gary Hango

PostThu Nov 25, 2021 5:24 am

Nate, check which v17.4.2 build you have. If you have v17.4.2.0008, you need to download and install again. They released v17.4.2.0009, which may have a fix for your problems. Build 9 was made available just a few days after build 8, but they didn't announce it. I think it had to do with some VST problems.
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700, 3.40GHz, 32.0 GB
MB: MSI, BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. A.60, 12/17/2015
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, 2Gb
Resolve 18.1.1.0007(Free)

natecombsmedia

PostSat Nov 27, 2021 8:38 pm

Gary Hango wrote:Nate, check which v17.4.2 build you have. If you have v17.4.2.0008, you need to download and install again. They released v17.4.2.0009, which may have a fix for your problems. Build 9 was made available just a few days after build 8, but they didn't announce it. I think it had to do with some VST problems.

Ah, crud. That's why I got what I thought was the same download message. I found it odd I was being prompted to update one day after I updated (did it a few days late, so that makes sense). I'll try that now. Thank you.

natecombsmedia

PostSat Nov 27, 2021 9:05 pm

Yes, that did seem to fix the saving issue. Not the visual one, but that is related to my second monitor. If I disable it, I can see the whole plugin. Problems solved then! Thank you

TekTurek

PostWed Dec 08, 2021 6:50 am

Hello everyone,

Yesterday at MotionVFX, we released the next titles pack for Resolve: mTitle Hype.

https://mvfx.co/mTitle_Hype_DV

It's a package of 50 strong bold typography with cool animations, plus some matching add-ons and backgrounds.

More products are coming soon. Our DV team gets bigger and better in Fusion, so in 2022 such releases should be more often. Stay tuned.

Thank you for all the feedback and reviews.
-

David Skok

PostMon Dec 27, 2021 7:02 pm

jayfro wrote:

Still waiting for Resolve to add a tab for motion graphics that's layer based. Keep Fusion for compositing but add a layer based tab for motion graphics as well. Pretty tough to do motion graphics work with something like Motion 5 and then go back to Fusion where adding a simple drop shadow means adding a node. Moving something means adding a Transform node, cropping something means adding a crop node. Those basic things should be included every single time you drop a piece of media into the Fusion workspace without having to add 3 extra nodes to do it. Turnaround times are the most important thing in this business for many clients.

I would also love to see this.

TekTurek

PostWed Jan 19, 2022 3:17 pm

Hi guys. DV Team at MotionVFX started the 2022 with a pump and released two packs for Resolve. I think we're getting better with each pack and I hope we're gonna give you much more cool stuff for DaVinci this year. It's still too early for the 'big guns' as mFlare or mFilmLook but we'll get in there. The newest DV products in MotionVFX store are:

mTitle Film
- Pack of 60 titles inspired by various movies and tv shows (released last week)
:arrow: https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mtitle- ... p3703.html

mRestyle - Pack of 50 video styling overlay effects divided in five categories: Dreamy, Retro, Glitch, Graphic and CCTV (Released today. Introducing price last one week - till 24th Jan)
:arrow: https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mrestyle-dv,p3710.html

:!: Also, we're currently celebrating 30k subs on our YT channel, and we give a $15 giveaway for that -> instructions are here:
(valid till end of friday 21st jan)

I know that seems a bit cheesy to advertise here, but I've noticed that a lot of you search for some quality graphic content for Resolve to get. Stay tuned with MotionVFX.
-

Stefan-Ringel

PostFri Feb 04, 2022 6:35 pm

Hello.
I got some issues with the "Halation OpenFX" plugin. The edge detection seems buggy. most of the edges in real film doesnt go straight from a black pixel to a white pixel. The edge is often a bit soft. And the Halation OpenFX Plugin creates some artefacts. The Halo is bleding over the "black areas", but not over the grayish edge. Here is a picture and a comparison with my own PowerGrade and a Comparison with Dehancer.

halation-bug.jpg
halation-bug.jpg (176.25 KiB) Viewed 374623 times

RealityStudioLLC

PostTue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 am

I've been trying to resolve an issue with tech support where using the mVFX "Spread Horizontal" transition will cause Resolve to just exit during a render. It won't put up a dialog box or anything like that, it will just exit. We haven't been able to figure out what's going on so I've just reverted back to using stock Resolve effects which render fine.

Anyone else have this happening to them? This is on a Dell XPS 15, 32gb ram, Nvidia 3050ti. Other apps like Lightroom, Photoshop, Vegas Pro, etc seem to work fine. I'm new to Resolve so kinda hoping others have seen this behavior in the past and know of a fix. I've tried the obvious stuff like various driver versions, disabling the built in Intel gpu on Resolve, etc, but no luck yet.

TekTurek

PostWed Feb 16, 2022 1:47 pm

Hey guys, today we've released another pack for DaVinci. It's mMusic Video package of various effects and titles dedicated for music clip editors and artists. It was really popular for FCP, and I must proudly say it's the best at design and performance from all Resolve packs we've made. Just check it out!

:arrow: https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mmusic- ... p3727.html

RealityStudioLLC wrote:I've been trying to resolve an issue with tech support where using the mVFX "Spread Horizontal" transition will cause Resolve to just exit during a render. It won't put up a dialog box or anything like that, it will just exit.
+1, if someone got similar problems with rendering our products like Peter, just contact our support. We cannot resolve that issue and more info would be helpful.
-

X-Raym

PostTue Feb 22, 2022 3:03 pm

This music video pack do looks very nice! :)
My DaVinci Resolve Scripts: https://github.com/X-Raym/DaVinci-Resolve-Scripts
Donation: https://paypal.me/extremraym

TekTurek

PostWed Mar 23, 2022 1:48 pm

Hello guys, today we've released another package for DaVinci Resolve. It's named mTutorial, and it contains a 107 various tools and titles that can help with creating your educational videos and courses. It's our bigger pack so far, so I guess everyone could find something for himself inside ;) Enjoy and stay tuned for more!

-

TekTurek

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 5:43 am

Hey guys,

I proudly present another package from motionVFX for DaVinci Resolve (FCP and Premiere too), created together with Marques Brownlee. It's called mKBHD and it contains some titles, effects, tools, and transitions that you can use while creating your own YouTube edits. Don't worry about the aesthetics, it's all customizable so you can adjust everything to your own style.

You can find every detail by clicking here:
https://mvfx.co/mKBHD
-

jamedia

PostFri Apr 22, 2022 2:29 pm

Here is one free MotionVFX pack everyone should have and use.
https://www.motionvfx.com/store,project-1681,p3745.html

www.JAmedia.uk
[AMD Ryzen 5950X 16 Core CPU | 128GB Ram | NVIDIA 3080TI 12GB ]
[MB ASUS ProArt B550| C Drive:; 1TB M2 980 Pro | D Drive; 2TB M2 970 EVO ]
[ Win 11 home |Resolve Studio V18.6 | Speed Editor via USB | Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen| ]

TekTurek

PostWed Apr 27, 2022 1:05 pm

Hi guys, another of our packs is now available for DaVinci Resolve.
mTransition Fade -> 51 Cinematic video transitions with shading effect. Several adjustable presets and custom movements set directly in the viewport give you creative freedom and let you work with ease. From quick slides and zooms to long blackouts - this pack has got you covered.
https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mtransi ... p3777.html

-

peterjackson

PostSun May 01, 2022 6:42 am

So are MotionVFX products only usable with an installer application?
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

TekTurek

PostWed May 04, 2022 5:47 am

peterjackson wrote:So are MotionVFX products only usable with an installer application?

You need to use mInstaller to install the package content with used fonts and media. After installation, you can turn it off and everything will work fine inside DVR, but mInstaller still can be opened and used to contact our support, reinstall or update our packages.
-

TekTurek

PostTue May 10, 2022 1:04 pm

Hi guys, we got a small free tool for those of you that put vertical footage inside their horizontal edits. Easy stuff to do by yourself, but even easier with our tool ;) Please give it a try, and tell us what you think ;)

:arrow: https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mvertical,p2176.html

-

okiewardoyo

PostTue May 10, 2022 2:09 pm

Interesting,, thanks for the plugin
Begin using Resolve in Mon May 02, 2022.
All of Software in the world are just tools. No perfect Software. Use it if it works for you.
Resolve 18.6 | Raizen 7, 40Gb Ram, RTX 3060, Win 11

jamedia

PostTue May 10, 2022 2:16 pm

TekTurek wrote:
peterjackson wrote:So are MotionVFX products only usable with an installer application?

You need to use mInstaller to install the package content with used fonts and media. After installation, you can turn it off and everything will work fine inside DVR, but mInstaller still can be opened and used to contact our support, reinstall or update our packages.

You can download without the miniinstaller (as I did with the vertical watch) but then you have to install yourself (so I used the mini installer!) .
As the installer can be turned off and only run when you need it why would you not use it?
www.JAmedia.uk
[AMD Ryzen 5950X 16 Core CPU | 128GB Ram | NVIDIA 3080TI 12GB ]
[MB ASUS ProArt B550| C Drive:; 1TB M2 980 Pro | D Drive; 2TB M2 970 EVO ]
[ Win 11 home |Resolve Studio V18.6 | Speed Editor via USB | Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen| ]
Next

Return to DaVinci Resolve