BRAW “Media Offline” flickers on Playback

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

thisindiefilmmaker

BRAW “Media Offline” flickers on Playback

PostThu Aug 05, 2021 5:49 am

"Media Offline" flickers intermittently during the take. It ONLY happens in Resolve, not Premiere.

Footage was recorded on a Pocket 6k in 4K DCI with a Constant Bitrate of 3:1 to a Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB card with a write speed of 170 MB/s, which is more than enough. I checked Blackmagic's website. It plays perfectly fine in Premiere but in Resolve it flickers. I've tried re-importing the clips, unlinking and linking them, starting a new project. Nothing has worked so far except Premiere. I'd really like to edit in Resolve because I'm also color grading in Resolve. It also plays back in the external Blackmagic player. So it seems like it's a bug with Resolve. Any tips I can try?

I'm on the latest studio drivers from GeForce on my 2080 Super, 471.41. Davinci studio 17.2.2. Windows 10, 64GB Ram, AMD Threadripper 2950x.

I tested exports on the same clip in Resolve and Premiere. I've done exports in Premiere from BRAW to h.264, no flicker. Did the same in Davinci and I was getting the flicker even in the h.264 file.

Timeline is set to 1080, 24 FPS. "Show all frames" is ticked on. Playing back at 1/4 Resolution. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by thisindiefilmmaker on Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: BRAW Dropping frames on Playback

PostThu Aug 05, 2021 6:29 am

Moved to Resolve forum

Sounds like GPU driver.. can you un install then do a complete and clean re-install of the driver.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: BRAW Dropping frames on Playback

PostThu Aug 05, 2021 6:37 am

Please also take a look at this thread

thisindiefilmmaker

Re: BRAW “Media Offline” flickers on Playback

PostSat Oct 30, 2021 3:05 am

Footage wasn't being recorded to the SD card fast enough.

Return to DaVinci Resolve