Audio Song Keeps Randomly Speeding Up When I Play My Video

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

andrew_h

Audio Song Keeps Randomly Speeding Up When I Play My Video

PostMon Sep 13, 2021 2:52 am

My song i have chosen for my video keeps playing faster than normal when i play back my video in the "cut" & "edit" sections??

It starts off playing in its normal speed & about 4 seconds in, the speed of the song speeds up randomly?

when i click on the "Fairlight" section, the song plays at its normal speed the whole way through?

I have double checked there is no problem with the audio file as i have tried adding other songs to the audio track & the same problems occurs!

My video is playing at 18fps - in the master settings, the "timeline frame rate" tab is also disabled so i can not change it...

Does anyone have an answer to this problem?

Many thanks...

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Audio Song Keeps Randomly Speeding Up When I Play My Vid

PostMon Sep 13, 2021 7:35 am

It sounds like your video frame rate is incorrectly set to 18.
can you start a new project with that set correctly and copy paste the 18fps timeline into the new one
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Ralf Schaefer

PostThu Jul 13, 2023 3:37 pm

I had the same problem: after about 4 sec everything accelerated quite fast, however rendering the timeline resulted in a correct video.

It turned out in project settings/Master Settings/Timeline Format the Playback frame rate was set to 30fps whereas my video clips were recorded with 25 fps.

Setting the Playback frame rate to 25 fps solved the issue.

TX_Talon

PostMon Jul 31, 2023 3:11 pm

This has solved my problem! Thanks! :)

Return to DaVinci Resolve