Transitions not Transitioning

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Canuk_Spyder

Transitions not Transitioning

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 4:40 pm

I was recently working on a project and encountered the following. I put a standard cross dissolve transition in between two clips from a GoPro Hero 8 Black. The clips were trimmed appropriately and on the time line the transition showed as being in place. However when I played over the area with the transition it was ignored like it was not there. Any tips?

Uli Plank

Re: Transitions not Transitioning

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 4:47 pm

Does it show when rendered?
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Canuk_Spyder

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 11:56 pm

The transition does not show after rendering. I am almost sure that this started after the install of 17.3.1

Rohit Singhal

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Sep 16, 2021 1:51 am

Hello Fraser Anderson,

Is this issue specific to a project for you? If yes, can you send us the exported project (.drp).

See if it happens on a fresh project or not. Also please send us a captured log from your system so we can know your system better. More information here - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190
Rohit Singhal
DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Canuk_Spyder

PostSat Sep 18, 2021 5:18 pm

Rohit,

Thank you for your interest in my issue. Your post prompted me to do some testing of my own. The issue is not with Davinci but with my project. It is a product review video and there is not enough change from clip to clip to really show certain types of transitions. I took some of the clips in the project where visual change was more evident and the transition does show up. Thank you very much you got me thinking "outside the box".

Best regards
Fraser
Ontario Canada

Return to DaVinci Resolve