ResolveCon

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Peter McLennan

ResolveCon

PostThu Sep 16, 2021 4:06 pm

Some of Youtube's regular Resolve tutorial producers are promoting an all-day stream for Resolve users.

Casey Faris, Mr Alex Tech, Darren Mostyn, etc.

Might be useful for newbies and those of us not bound to deadlines. :lol:

Sept 24.

https://groundcontrol.film/pages/resolvecon
ASUS ROG X570-E motherboard, Ryzen 9 3900X, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD boot, 2TB NVMe work, Zotac RTX 3060 12 GB, Behrenger Uphoria UMC 404HD.

Videoneth

• Warnings: 1

Re: ResolveCon

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 11:42 am

That's a great idea.

I wish Blackmagic would take the Boris FX route for the youtube stuff.

They have/had many great videos on the Blackmagic Design youtube channel, but the last interesting one (for training) is from 2018.

I know many concepts and tools are the same as the one in Resolve 17, but they leave so much on the table. So many tips and tricks from who knows

When I watch Boris FX about their Mocha Pro tracker, there is always something new to learn, a trick, a technique for a particular shot, a difficult track, etc.

It's the same concept with the NVIDIA Studio channel, they have guests who are showing how they work, their tips and tricks, their workflow, while doing a little project start to finish.

The community around Resolve and Fusion can organize itself (as we see with this ResolveCon, and all the individual channels), but I would love to see Blackmagic Design be more involved, and do more.

It's like they stop at some point, I don't know why. Products are still reviewed, and I watch it even if I don't own any hardware from Blackmagic, I love tech and I like Grant's presentations.

Windows 10
19b
nVidia 3090 - 552.22

Return to DaVinci Resolve