Media offline - GH5 footage

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Con2202

Media offline - GH5 footage

PostThu Sep 16, 2021 9:30 pm

Hey guys,

So having some trouble at the moment. I shoot mainly on the pocket 4k but just done a project in which I needed a B cam in this case I used GH5 with V-Log.

My pockets footage works perfectly fine in resolve yet the GH5 (shot in 4k 10bit) just says media offline every time I import it.

I have read loads that this is down to having the 'free' version of resolve yet I have the full studio version due to buying the pocket 4k last year.

I have a work around with the software 'handbrake' but I can only use the preset of 1080p which looks awful when I put it into my timeline.

Has anyone got round this issue or had the same issue? Im thinking I may try going down to 8bit tomorrow but I want that range with the 10bit. Was an avid user of premiere pro but really loving davinci and this project I am on is pretty on going so could do with sorting the issue ASAP :)

Cheers guys!

Uli Plank

Re: Media offline - GH5 footage

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 6:29 am

It should work under Studio. Are you sure it's installed?
And then, what's your GPU?
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Return to DaVinci Resolve