Activation Key issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

afunnythingcalledlife

Activation Key issue

PostThu Sep 16, 2021 8:01 pm

Hi all,

Been using Resolve Studio since midway through 2020. Recently I cleared up my computer and when I went to access Resolve Studio, I was hit with needing to enter my license key. After doing that an error popped up "there was an error when attempting to perform the activation.".
So I contacted the folks I bought it off and they said I could have just reached my maximum activation use of 2, and recommended I get in contact with the folks at Blackmagic to see if they can remove all activations and allow me access.
Any tips on how to access them? I tried through their 'contact' method and haven't heard a response. Kinda time poor.

Many thanks in advance.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Activation Key issue

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 4:23 am

Moved to Resolve forum

Was this purchased from an authorised reseller?

It sounds like the supplier has passed the same license key to multiple customers and so the maximum auto deactivations is reached. This will keep happening if others are using the same key. Can n I suggest you check with the seller.

If you are the only user of the key, it will let you deactivate through the help menu process as many times as you like.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve