DR 17.2 and 17.3 problems on iMac 2017

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Simon Maxwell

DR 17.2 and 17.3 problems on iMac 2017

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 3:51 pm

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has had a similar experience? I've been running many versions of Resolve Studio on my current iMac set up with zero problems for 3 years. Decided to update to 17.3 as i'm between projects. After i'd updated i get the spinning wheel all the time, even just doing simple tasks, like duplicating a clip or locating media in the pool. I downgraded to 17.2, same problem, I then uninstalled and then reinstalled DR, same problem.

I've downgraded back to 17.1 and everything is working again? Disappointing as i've never had any problems running any version of DR on this computer in 3 years. Anyone else had something like this happen?

As a side note, DR 17.2.2 works fine on my 2019 macbook pro?

Cheers
http://storyboardvisuals.co.uk

stevekris73

Re: DR 17.2 and 17.3 problems on iMac 2017

PostTue Sep 21, 2021 7:57 am

Yeah. I have gotten into the same exact problem on 17.3. I'm getting the beach ball suddenly on everything I do. Even moving the mouse pointer from one clip to another shows the spinning ball for a second or so.

Unfortunately, I have no idea of what causes it. Seems to appeared as the project has grown, didn't have this initially on this project. My best guess is start it started when duplicating elements from one timeline to another.

Like you, DR have been working flawlessly on my Macbook Pro 16" (and Imac before that) for years.

Simon Maxwell

Re: DR 17.2 and 17.3 problems on iMac 2017

PostWed Sep 22, 2021 7:55 am

I'm glad i'm not the only one! I'm staying downgraded for now, i'm still confused why my 2019 macbook runs 17.2.2 without those problems. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has these problems?
http://storyboardvisuals.co.uk

Return to DaVinci Resolve