Linked audio not exported but embedded is

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

rful123

Linked audio not exported but embedded is

PostSat Sep 18, 2021 1:03 am

I'm having a problem delivering individual clips with an attached mono audio track.
The original track has been deleted; the timeline shows only one track with separate shots/clips.

When I deliver this as individual clips I always get the embedded audio, never the separate track.
There are a few mysteries in this for me.

This video was recorded on the BMD monitor for raw output. When I import the braw files the timeline shows an audio track unsurprisingly. Since we recorded to an external recorder I brought that mono track in and deleted the original audio track, synched the separate track and set up Deliver expecting the external track.

Is the audio embedded in the braw. If that's true why is there an audio track in the timeline? What did I just delete when I deleted the original source audio track? If I play that timeline back there is no sound.

The only way I can get the external track exported is to set delivery to a single clip. This isn't helpful for my workflow as I want to give the editor synched footage with good audio. Giving them a single clip makes more work for the editor who has to re-divide the clips in the timeline.

This seems to me to be a workflow which should have been anticipated. What am I missing?
Is there a way to export to individual clips without the embedded audio?

I'm running 17.3.1 Build 5 Studio version on a MacPro.

Peter Cave

Re: Linked audio not exported but embedded is

PostSat Sep 18, 2021 5:25 am

This issue has been discussed many times in this forum. Do a search and you will get some answers.
Resolve 18.6.5 Mac OSX 14.4 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

spanishflymedia

PostSat Jul 23, 2022 6:36 pm

Peter Cave wrote:This issue has been discussed many times in this forum. Do a search and you will get some answers.

Peter, sorry but this seems a bit presumptuous to assume he didn't research before posting his question. I've been looking all throughout this forum and have found little to nothing to fix this issue. If you have a link to a post where you have seen a fix, please be so kind to provide it. We're all here to help each other. Cheers.
--
Spanish Fly Media
Web: www.spanishflymedia.nyc
IMDB: www.imdb.com/name/nm8950900
IG/TW: @SpanishFlyMedia #FlyMedia
Cinematography & Post-Production Audio

Joe Shapiro

PostSat Jul 23, 2022 6:53 pm

There have indeed been many discussions here around both WYSIWYG rendering of individual clips and embedded vs synced sound. Not sure how many solutions there are though.

BMD recently added a “Render timeline effects” checkbox that MIGHT give you the synced sound you’re hoping for. Not intuitive but possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 18.6.3
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.1

Return to DaVinci Resolve