Davinci Resolve 17.3.1 XML Import Crash

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DarkKnight47

Davinci Resolve 17.3.1 XML Import Crash

PostMon Sep 20, 2021 1:06 am

Hello everyone

I've been facing a frustrating issue with Davinci Resolve since yesterday. Whenever I try to import an XML timeline into DR, It just crashes suddenly...

Before anyone asks, I've tried everything you can think off, Restarting, Reinstalling DR, Trying out older versions of DR, Changing settings inside the preferences, Trying out different XML timelines. None of them work, It just crashes. The XML's are being generated through Plural Eyes which I use to sync multiple cams, usually from weddings or christening and then they are completely synced inside DR when imported. Right now with DR crashing all the time it completely restrains me from working remotely and I don't know what else to do.

The only thing different than usual is that, Usually I use my laptop together with 2 external monitors while I am in the house, but right now I am away from home and I can't connect external monitors to see if that would "solve" this extremely weird issue. I mean why would It even crash because of not locating external monitors? If I am depended on external monitors then I can't work remotely and independently away from hom

Anyone knows a fix for this issue? My work depends on it :cry: :cry:

Here is a desktop recording of the crash happening: https://streamable.com/487qni

My Laptop Specs are: i7 7820HK, 1080 gtx 8gb, 16gb ram, 2K 120hz monitor, 3 1tb SSD's

iddos-l

Re: Davinci Resolve 17.3.1 XML Import Crash

PostMon Sep 20, 2021 5:08 am

My guess is that you have a clip or clips, maybe FX that makes the xml crash resolve.
I would cut the timeline and export a xml of different parts of it to try to find out the problem.
Fastest way is a “binary search”.

DarkKnight47

Re: Davinci Resolve 17.3.1 XML Import Crash

PostMon Sep 20, 2021 6:08 am

Already did that, didn't work! Pretty sure it's not the XML's fault....

I tried it with 2 synced clips only, tried it with audio and clip only, tried it on 2 different drives, internal and externals, tried reinstalling, even tried Davinci 16.... It's the same thing... something is causing davinci to crash whenever it's trying to import XML. And it's not the XML file because I tried like 3-4 different xml files of totally different projects
Davinci Resolve Studio 17.3.1
Alienware 17 R4
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Ram 16GB RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz

Return to DaVinci Resolve