Bug: Project Manager, cut/paste projects not working

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

rsf123

Bug: Project Manager, cut/paste projects not working

PostTue Sep 21, 2021 3:50 am

Bug Report (17.3.1, Mac M1)

On page 101 of the Manual, it says: to move Projects within the same Database, one has to cut and paste the project.

I tried that and it doesn't work.

I tried the right-click CUT, but when I went to the destination folder, the right-click menu did not display a paste option.

I then tried the keyboard Command-X and Command-V, but that didn't work.

In then tried the menu, but interestingly, when I highlight the project that I want to cut (in order to paste elsewhere), the menu item for CUT was greyed out, i.e. not operational.

rsf123

Re: Bug: Project Manager, cut/paste projects not working

PostWed Sep 29, 2021 6:08 pm

I am guessing no one else has problems moving projects from one folder to another (inside the same database), since it is a basic daily task.

Can you tell me what I'm not doing correctly?

TheBloke

PostWed Sep 29, 2021 8:43 pm

This works for me:

Is that same method not working for you? You can also drag projects to folders, in cases where the target folder is at the same level as the project.

I agree the standard keyboard shortcuts should work.
Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

rsf123

PostThu Sep 30, 2021 3:54 am

TheBloke wrote: Is that same method not working for you?

Thanks for making the video. I tried it, and that method only works for transferring from one folder to another folder.

But it does not work when I try to paste it onto the top-level of the database, i.e. the default space when a database is first created.

Until now, I've just saved all projects in the top level of the database, and I cannot cut/paste projects from a folder back to the top level of the database.

rsf123

PostThu Sep 30, 2021 4:06 am

Okay, I can describe the bug in more detail.

When a project is in a sub-folder, I can CUT it. But when I go up to the top level of the database, there's difficulty in pasting it when the entire top level is full of projects. Firstly, in the menu, there is a bug in the sense that the PASTE command is greyed-out. In the list view - when the list is full, i.e. when the side scroll bar appears - there is difficulty right-clicking to reveal the PASTE command.

I managed to workaround by putting the top level in THUMBNAIL view, and when I right-clicked the cursor on a space between the icons, then the PASTE command was visible.

But the right-click PASTE command was not available when in list-view when the page is filled such that the right-hand scroll-bar is operational. At that time, the PASTE command in the menu is greyed-out.

rsf123

PostThu Sep 30, 2021 4:24 am

TheBloke wrote:This works for me:

Is that same method not working for you?

In your video, in the top level of the database, the list is not full, hence, the right scroll-bar is not operational. That means there is plenty of empty space underneath the list to right-click to reveal the PASTE.

But, the bug is that in the menu, the PASTE command is greyed-out, making it impossible to paste into the top level of the database.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Sep 30, 2021 5:24 am

just use Ctl C, Ctl V for now.. that seems to work for me
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve