Lut - blank screen

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Stanislass_Strange

Lut - blank screen

PostThu Sep 23, 2021 5:02 pm

Hello There!

I have a very strange problem with importing some luts on Davinci: when I import them on a node or in the preview, it gives me a blank screen.

I checked that everything was up to date (software and operating system, graphics card, etc.)
I have tried several versions of Davinci as well, but to no avail.

You should know that these luts were transmitted via my cinematographer, and that with him, it works (he created the luts on Premiere Pro, but on Davinci it works on his side)
It's not a transfer problem, because he transferred it to me twice, but always with the same problem (he also tried to download his transfer and it even works for him in this case) ...

This is a really weird problem, because it also changes the histogram, so it's not a display issue, but software or compatibility ...

Do you have an idea?

Also note: I tried on other projects, it doesn't work either. It's strange because some luts work, but others not ...

Thanks in advance !

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Lut - blank screen

PostFri Sep 24, 2021 8:41 am

Premiere does not use the Resolve LUT format, that we openly publish.
You will need to covert them
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Stanislass_Strange

Re: Lut - blank screen

PostFri Sep 24, 2021 11:01 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Premiere does not use the Resolve LUT format, that we openly publish.
You will need to covert them

Hello Peter!

Thank you for your reply !

Is there a software to convert them or a method directly on Première pro to perform the maneuver?

I still want to point out to you that my cinematographer tried to import the lutes on his davinci, it works, but not with me ..

Return to DaVinci Resolve