Resume Media Manage After Interruption

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MarkWLV

Resume Media Manage After Interruption

PostThu Sep 23, 2021 9:52 pm

DR 16.2, Mac OS 10.15.7, (Catalina) 2019 Mac Pro.

While using Copy/Trim Sequence, I had a drive disconnect from the desktop (bad cable), causing my consolidation to fail at about 600 of 1200 clips. If I restart the process, Resolve does not appear to check which clips are already in the destination folder and starts making duplicates. For 600 UHD clips, that's about 2-3 hours of machine time.

Is there a way to resume the process - picking up where I left off?

Andy Mees

Re: Resume Media Manage After Interruption

PostThu Sep 23, 2021 10:37 pm

MarkWLV wrote:DR 16.2, Mac OS 10.15.7, (Catalina) 2019 Mac Pro.

While using Copy/Trim Sequence, I had a drive disconnect from the desktop (bad cable), causing my consolidation to fail at about 600 of 1200 clips. If I restart the process, Resolve does not appear to check which clips are already in the destination folder and starts making duplicates. For 600 UHD clips, that's about 2-3 hours of machine time.

Is there a way to resume the process - picking up where I left off?

Restart the copy ... if you get an actionable answer in less than 2-3 hours then all the better... if not then you haven't wasted the time waiting.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

MarkWLV

Re: Resume Media Manage After Interruption

PostThu Sep 23, 2021 10:49 pm

Restart the copy ... if you get an actionable answer in less than 2-3 hours then all the better... if not then you haven't wasted the time waiting.

That's how I discovered the issue, I can see the clips being overwritten in the finder (although I said duplicated in my original post). So as of now, I'm in for the long haul. If it turns out to be the drive rather than the cable, that's 12TB that I'd have to copy before I could manage the media in Resolve.

Return to DaVinci Resolve