What is the "set to frame size" option equivalent in Davinci

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

madagascarmultimedia

What is the "set to frame size" option equivalent in Davinci

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 9:12 am

So in Premiere Pro you have the setting "Set to Frame Size"
What is the equivalent of that setting in Davinci Resolve?

Thanks in advance

Andy Mees

Re: What is the "set to frame size" option equivalent in Dav

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 1:53 pm

As a general setting.... Project Settings window > Image Scaling tab > Input Scaling pane > Mismatched resolution files menu > 'Scale entire image to fit'

For an individual instance... Inspector panel > Retime and Scaling tab > Scaling menu > Fit (or 'Project Settings' if the above is already set)
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

okiewardoyo

PostWed Jul 27, 2022 8:09 am

Andy Mees wrote:As a general setting.... Project Settings window > Image Scaling tab > Input Scaling pane > Mismatched resolution files menu > 'Scale entire image to fit'

For an individual instance... Inspector panel > Retime and Scaling tab > Scaling menu > Fit (or 'Project Settings' if the above is already set)

Hi andy, are you sure that this trick work?
I have a small frame on my HD timeline, i set in inspector -> retime scaling -> Scraling menu -> fit, and NOTHING HAPPEND.
Thanks.
Nothing happend.jpg
Nothing happend.jpg (242.51 KiB) Viewed 6750 times
Begin using Resolve in Mon May 02, 2022.
All of Software in the world are just tools. No perfect Software. Use it if it works for you.
Resolve 18.6 | Raizen 7, 40Gb Ram, RTX 3060, Win 11

Andy Mees

PostWed Jul 27, 2022 8:24 am

Hey Okie

If you've set Scaling to 'Fit', but your image doesn't fit the frame, check your clip's Transform controls ... if they are not at default ( '1.0') then the image is being transformed 'after' the Fit ie with respect to the frame. Conversely, set the Scaling to 'Crop' to handle your image at its native resolution with respect to frame size.

To be honest, I forget which is which, but these options (Crop and Fit) are Revolve's equivalent to Premiere's Set to Frame Size and Scale to Frame Size settings.

Cheers
Andy

Return to DaVinci Resolve