Please Make Speed Ramping Easier

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

James Harkness

Please Make Speed Ramping Easier

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 3:00 pm

As of right now, it is quite a pain to do speed ramping via retime curve. The amount of clicks I have to make to have this happen are insane. I don't think anybody using retime curve ever uses the retime frame option, yet thats the default when you open retime curve.

Once placing a keyframe, I must click on the keyframe and then select curve or linear. If anyone wanted linear why would they use retime CURVE in the first place?

This process can be made MUCH more efficient. I love davinci resolve and dont use anything else to edit my videos for years now. Always tell everyone about the program and I make converts like an evangelical christian.

One thing I do appreciate, is how much you guys listen to our feedback. I took a fulltime gig where every single video (2 a day atleast) uses speed ramping. I would reaaaaally appreciate if you can help me out on this! Thanks so much.

James Harkness

Re: Please Make Speed Ramping Easier

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 4:59 pm

I need some keyboard shortcuts or something atleast please.

amorias

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 6:49 pm

YES!!!!! I would use this feature more often in my drone shots for realestate if it was easier to use.

I used speed ramping often when I was using Premiere.
Alex Morias
www.Videolistings.ca

Sander de Regt

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 6:58 pm

To help the developers make it easier for you, maybe you can describe what it was in other software that worked better for you. Not all ramps are created equal. What kind of effect are you looking for?
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

James Harkness

PostThu Sep 30, 2021 1:55 am

Give me a shortcut key that will automatically open up retime curve, and not default to retime frame but instead default to retime speed. Also a shortcut key to add a key frame on the retime curve. Also, have the keyframe automatically have the handles to create the speed ramp instead of the straight line that changes the speed. Its called retime curve, why does it even have that option let alone default to it.

James Harkness

PostFri Oct 01, 2021 5:48 pm

Please.

TCP786

PostFri Oct 01, 2021 6:30 pm

+1 to all of this.

Also, why is the speed point the MIDDLE of the ramp? Isn't the most important part of speed ramping to have control over the frame on which the speed starts changing or stops changing? Maybe I'm missing something about speed ramping should be done in Resolve, because that seems something that would have absolutely been the first expected behavior.

James Harkness

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 9:57 pm

just wanna bump this so it hopefully gets fixed. What a difference this would make for a lot of people Im sure.

Return to DaVinci Resolve