Subclips Deliver Page Bug?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

trajanmcgill

Subclips Deliver Page Bug?

PostSun Sep 26, 2021 3:05 am

I am having an odd issue as follows:
  • Created subclips with all the complete takes I wanted to use from my various full recorded clips.
  • Set in/out points on the subclips and dropped them into the timeline.
  • Previewing the timeline on the Edit page everything appears correct, both with and without rendering cache. But...
  • The Deliver page is, for certain timeline clips, rendering out completely the wrong section of the subclip that those timeline clips came from.
That is, if I, say, take a subclip, mark In at 3:00 and Out at 4:00, then insert it into the timeline, upon playback the timeline preview of the Edit page shows exactly what I selected when it gets to that point in the timeline. But I render it out on the Deliver page, and instead of pulling 3:00 to 4:00 from the source subclip, it grabs, say, 5:00 to 6:00, and inserts that into the final output.

In fact, the film strip shown on the timeline on the Deliver page has the same issue-- showing the wrong section of the subclip source on the timeline clip in question.

I have now seen this on more than one timeline, running Resolve Studio 17.3.1 Build 5 on Windows 10. Has anybody else seen something like this? It doesn't happen with every subclip, and I haven't yet figured out if there is a predictable pattern to which subclips or timeline clips will go awry.

Return to DaVinci Resolve