what is the correct color management workflow IPP2 + titles

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rick van den Berg

what is the correct color management workflow IPP2 + titles

PostSun Sep 26, 2021 10:56 am

I really love the look of the redIPP2 output in the color management, not just on red footage but it also works really well on slog footage. The hard part comes when graphics get involved. titles, generators, png files. It always looks incorrect by default which is expected, but bypassing the color management on for example titles doesn't work. And i'm not sure why.

Can i exclude titles from the color management? What is a good workflow for this?

shebbe

Re: what is the correct color management workflow IPP2 + tit

PostSun Sep 26, 2021 11:59 am

Yea that still seems broken. From what I can tell currently only the basic titles work properly with bypassing. Fusion titles don't.

Sloppy workaround but rendering your edit clean, lay it on top and disable management temporarily to render the rest on top of that out.
Home System Resolve 18.6b9: Z790 / i9 13900K / 64GB DDR5 / RTX4090 / Win 11 / ASUS PA32UGC 1600 nits
Office System Resolve 18.6b9: X570 / Ryzen 9 5900X / 128GB DDR4 / RTX4090 / Win 11 / EIZO CG248-K

Marc Wielage

PostSun Sep 26, 2021 7:36 pm

One workaround would be to do color management within the Node tree using a Color Space Transform node. That will allow you to apply IPP2 just to individual shots and not the entire project. It works well for me.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Rick van den Berg

PostMon Sep 27, 2021 7:04 am

Marc Wielage wrote:One workaround would be to do color management within the Node tree using a Color Space Transform node. That will allow you to apply IPP2 just to individual shots and not the entire project. It works well for me.

huh, i tried that, there was only the "davinci" tone mapping to select

Return to DaVinci Resolve