6K with proxies on 2012 macbook pro

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

minijulio

6K with proxies on 2012 macbook pro

PostMon Sep 27, 2021 10:52 am

Hi everyone!

I did a quick search on the forum to look for a similar issue but found nothing.
Sorry if this has already been dealt with.

I am using the latest version of DaVinci (17.3), on a mid 2012 macbook running on Catalina with a double core 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5, 16gb of ram, and an Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphic card.

I am trying to edit 6K braw footages on DaVinci. My timeline resolution is UHD, and I created proxies (422 prores proxy format, quartered), and did set the playback on "use proxy if available" and "timeline proxy mode" on "quarter".

Even with these settings, when I try to read the files, they are still super laggy (like 1-2 fps).
Howeve when I locate the proxy file using the finder, and open it with Quicktime, it works perfectly well.

When I toggle the "use proxy if available" function, I see a change in quality within DaVinci so I guess it does change it to proxy, but the software still reads them as slow as if it was BRAW.
--> Also, when I set my timeline in HD, it does read the files a little bit better, but still not fluid.

Do you guys have any clues on how to solve this problem?
Bests!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: 6K with proxies on 2012 macbook pro

PostTue Sep 28, 2021 1:56 am

I think you need a current model MBP.
BRAW didnt exist when that model was released.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve