Problem rendering with HEVC codec H265 DLOG video Raw Files

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

YvesArt

Problem rendering with HEVC codec H265 DLOG video Raw Files

PostMon Sep 27, 2021 8:09 pm

Hello, first let me tell you that using version 15 until 17.2 and I really enjoyed using DaVinci Resolve, I recently upgrade to 17.3.1 and now I have a conflicting issue when running video Raw file from my DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone. on my timeline. that used to happen with the previous version. any setting you might think I need to change? I tried a lot of things, even upgrading to window 11 and that did not change a thing. I tried to go back to the 17.2 version which was working fine before and now still behaving with the missing media red file. I never had to use optimized media or proxy files before doing only small videos. Now even when I run optimized media I get the same problem the file is showing missing media halfway and I can render the file without getting an error. I am running intel I7 10 Generation, 64 GB ram NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 super. I tried it on my other system Laptop with 32 GB ram and still getting the same problem. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your interest in my ART
Yves Lanthier

YvesArt

Re: Problem rendering with HEVC codec H265 DLOG video Raw Fi

PostTue Sep 28, 2021 12:35 pm

I think I found a solution that seems to have fixed the problem, yesterday after installing 17.1 uninstalling and reinstaling re-installing 17.3.1 several times I when and downloaded the HEVC codec from Microsoft again I was getting the same problem, I then did a search for the codec problem and found a link on youtube to the get HEVC codec from the manufacturer for free where they had an update. I applied the update and so far had no problem rendering the file I also set the proxy for a quarter resolution and everything was smooth. I hope it will help someone else with the same issue. I will remain with Windows 11 version it seems to work fine now.
Thank you for your interest in my ART
Yves Lanthier

Return to DaVinci Resolve