Render cache and third party OFX Plugins

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

nerdtech

Render cache and third party OFX Plugins

PostMon Oct 04, 2021 5:40 pm

hello,

New to Resolve and this forum so please be gentle with me if this has been asked and answered before!

I have installed some third party OFX plugins into Resolve 17 (Boris FX - Sapphire) and I'm having problems when turning on "render to cache" to help with playback.

Caching seems to work correctly when using Resolves own OFX plugins but when I try and use any of the third party ones the line stays red or sometimes it turns to blue but the playback is still around 4-5fps.

Is this is a bug or am I doing something wrong? any help would be much appreciated.

thanks.

Sven Schütze

Re: Render cache and third party OFX Plugins

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 3:10 pm

I'm having the same problems: played and thus rendered clips won't be read from the cache next time I play the clip but will be re-rendered every time - again at ohne 5.5 fps.
Help is very much welcomed.
Resolve 17.4.3 || AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 3955X on ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE w/ 2x Gigabyte RTX 3080 Turbo 10G + Decklink 4K

panos_mts

Re: Render cache and third party OFX Plugins

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 3:42 pm

Caching on the edit page for third party OFX does not work as it should, try to add the effects in the color page instead

Return to DaVinci Resolve