Sound Library

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ryan Bloomer

Sound Library

PostWed Oct 06, 2021 8:32 pm

is it possible to delete the sound library install, and re-install? I'd like to install it in a different location.

bryantocara

Re: Sound Library

PostWed Oct 06, 2021 9:50 pm

Just move the folder and "rescan" the new location through Fairlight. That should work. The "install" program is really just, I think, a program to automatically scan and import into Fairlight an initial location without having to open Resolve first. Doesn't mean you can't manually move the folder later and rescan.

Sent from my motorola razr using Tapatalk

TiDa

Re: Sound Library

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 4:18 pm

The Sound Library seems only to be able to Add new sounds but it will not Delete entries. After a certain time you end up with a lot of unusable stuff. In case you move your library, you get ghost-duplicates etc....

You need to delete the SoundLib.db database file and install the sound library again:
- Open the Project Manager
- Right Click onto Local Database
- choose Open File Location, You will find in ../Resolve Projects the SoundLib.db
- Delete the SoundLib.db (Fairlight Library should be stayed untouched)
- Start Davinci Resolve
- Install New Library

Return to DaVinci Resolve