How to make a phrase like a coclusion by intonation?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

dejudicibus

How to make a phrase like a coclusion by intonation?

PostFri Oct 08, 2021 10:00 am

When we speak the intonation changes depending on whether we have finished a sentence or not. If I say "today is a beautiful day" and then continue with "but tomorrow it will rain", I pronounce "day" in a different way than if I had concluded without saying anything else.

I have a video where a person says two things and I have to cut the second, but the intonation shows that the first part is cut off. Is there a way to work on the audio, perhaps with a filter or an equalizer, to make the pitch of the final part of the sentence conclusive?

Andy Mees

Re: How to make a phrase like a coclusion by intonation?

PostFri Oct 08, 2021 6:36 pm

Am pretty sure that a 'Frankenbite" is not an official term, but it describes well a soundbite or single word thats built out of the parts of other words... and it's a standard editing practice, not. a plugin, where you listen to what you have and you find an alternative more acceptable substitute sound that allows you to break and/or more effectively alter the word as needed.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Charles Bennett

PostFri Oct 08, 2021 8:59 pm

If you are lucky the speaker will have said the same word elsewhere with the intonation you require. Otherwise it is as Andy said and you will have to construct all or part of the word from others. I've also got away with recording me saying the word and adding part of that to the original.
Resolve Studio 19.0b build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

dejudicibus

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 3:29 pm

Well, so it looks like there is not a simple solution. I understand. Thank you very much for hints.

Return to DaVinci Resolve