Resolve freezing during backup whilst using speed editor

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Gary Wedekind

Resolve freezing during backup whilst using speed editor

PostFri Oct 15, 2021 3:58 pm

I have a recurring problem since using the speed editor keyboard (which I love by the way). I have my setup to 'backup' the project i'm on every 10 mins whilst working. However, if i hit the spacebar on speed editor whilst this is taking place (it is very quick and sometimes it kicks in as I hit the spacebar for actioning the timeline play), i regularly get resolve freezing. I have waited etc, but to no avail and each time I have to go to the task master to close Resolve and restart it.

Any ideas and anyone else experiencing this problem. I guess I'll have to extend the intervals between backups to say 30 mins to minimise chance of it happening, until i understand why this is occurring.
DR Studio 18.5.1
Windows 10 Pro (1903)
64gb RAM
GTX 1080
Nvidia driver NSD - Latest

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve freezing during backup whilst using speed editor

PostFri Oct 15, 2021 8:02 pm

I’m not seeing that. Does Resolve complete that backup?
Are u on usb or BT?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Gary Wedekind

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 8:43 am

Hi Peter. SE on Bt most of time, but sometimes left on usb after charging. Backup does not complete...usually freezes around 6% then DR is locked up completely. I can't be 100% sure it is SE as havent worked without it for some time, but dont recall this problem before using SE. Its also happened across several version updates of DR studio. I think its also a critical time point problem, in that if play bar happens to be hit just at same time backup starts. If hit when backup in flow, play just doesn't action and backup completes, as normal. I checked setting for backup frequency and it was 20mins, not 10 as originally stated.
DR Studio 18.5.1
Windows 10 Pro (1903)
64gb RAM
GTX 1080

dirk-pel

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 1:25 pm

The same thing happens during render out a file. Don't hit any button on the speed editor otherwise Davince stops.
Davinci Resolve 18.6 Studio, Micropanel, Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, 16" Macbook Pro M1 MAX 32 GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Monterey12.4, EIZO CS2420,Philips 27e1n8900 OLED, BM Decklink Mini Monitor 4K on a TH3P4 board for Mac. iPhone 14 Pro

Gary Wedekind

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 5:34 pm

I have checked that on my system dirk-pel, but don't get that problem...renders go fine regardless of hitting any SE keys.
DR Studio 18.5.1
Windows 10 Pro (1903)
64gb RAM
GTX 1080

Return to DaVinci Resolve