making a cut through all layers at once

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Alain Baars

making a cut through all layers at once

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 8:59 am

How do I make a cut through all layers at once?

When I made a cut in Premiere Pro I used to do that with shift or command pressed, so the cut would be from top to bottom.
I can't figure out how to do that in Resolve.

Andy Mees

Re: making a cut through all layers at once

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 9:58 am

Default keyboard shortcut assignment for 'Razor' (aka cutting or splitting a clip) is Ctl B (Windows) / Cmd B (Mac) ... if you have an active target (selection) under the playhead then it will cut all targeted tracks at the playhead; if you have no active target then it will cut all tracks at the playhead for which the Auto Track Selector is enabled.

In 'Blade Edit Mode' ie when you have selected the Blade Tool (cursor is a Razor Blade) then only the specific clip under the cursor (and any linked tracks if 'Linked Selection' is enabled) is cut at the cursor position. There is no 'Blade All' Tool nor any 'Blade All' modifier.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Return to DaVinci Resolve