PostgreSQL Shared database Media locations in OSX/Windows

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

emilsteixner

PostgreSQL Shared database Media locations in OSX/Windows

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 1:35 pm

Hi,
I was having a hard time setting up my PostgreSQL server but now it's running! I rendered out some Proxies so i can give them to my Editor on a tiny SSD however he is using OSX.

The only issue is, that i'd like to look over his shoulder and help him Sync Audio and all that good stuff. No problem right? or so i thougt.

DaVinci seems to save the Proxy file path on the Server, so it has to be the same on all client devices aswell. Now that is'nt an issue generally speaking however as soon as Windows and OSX come into play there's the issue, that the File path is compleatly different.

Apple's synthax is as Follows: /volumes/ROOT/...
and Windows' synthax is : E:/ROOT/...
Can i somehow configure the Project or the Database to locally store the file paths :?:

i'd love to hear back!

mpetech

Re: PostgreSQL Shared database Media locations in OSX/Window

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 3:15 pm

emilsteixner wrote:Hi,
I was having a hard time setting up my PostgreSQL server but now it's running! I rendered out some Proxies so i can give them to my Editor on a tiny SSD however he is using OSX.

The only issue is, that i'd like to look over his shoulder and help him Sync Audio and all that good stuff. No problem right? or so i thougt.

DaVinci seems to save the Proxy file path on the Server, so it has to be the same on all client devices aswell. Now that is'nt an issue generally speaking however as soon as Windows and OSX come into play there's the issue, that the File path is compleatly different.

Apple's synthax is as Follows: /volumes/ROOT/...
and Windows' synthax is : E:/ROOT/...
Can i somehow configure the Project or the Database to locally store the file paths :?:

i'd love to hear back!

Resolve has a system feature to allow you to map a drive so they are seen the same way no matter if it is OSX or Windows.
Check the manual.

Igor Riđanović

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 5:26 pm

You can map cross-OS path translation in the preferences. You have to list each volume used and restart Resolve.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

emilsteixner

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 6:45 pm

Thanks a lot everyone!

for anyone who needs more info on Mounting drives from OSX to Windows and vice-versa here's a great thread:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=47682#p277785

Return to DaVinci Resolve