Work around for broken Fusion with Color Managed Workflow

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ZRGARDNE

Work around for broken Fusion with Color Managed Workflow

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 3:08 pm

This was posted to the Subreddit and thought those here might find useful as well

He uses Render in Place as work around to broken Color Management in Fusion.

I personally have just abandoned Color Managed workflow. I have my power grade with a Clog3 to DWG CST as the first node and the last node is a DWG to 'Timeline' CST.

This accomplishes all the cool features of Davinchi Wide Gamut, but actually works with fusion.

You do however have to create a power grade for each camera with the correct first CST node (eg 709 to DWG for my gopro).

Sean Weaver

Re: Work around for broken Fusion with Color Managed Workflo

PostMon Oct 25, 2021 4:47 am

Thank you. This has been bothering me for a week and I just now found this thread and your video! I'm creating VFX Connect files out to Fusion Studio and when in Wide Gamut, the footage reverts to the flat log .braw look in Fusion. I was looking for a way to implement Davinci Wide Gamut and still composite and animate with Fusion stand-alone. Just tried this method out and it works!
DR 18 Studio
macOS Monterey 12.7.2
MBP 16-Inch, 2019
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel i9
32GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8GB

Return to DaVinci Resolve