Help! Database disconnected and no auto save on

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

carolinasosa

Help! Database disconnected and no auto save on

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 11:21 pm

Hi, I need help ASAP! I was editing my project for the last 2 weeks on an external hard drive and everything was working fine. Today, out of nowhere, Davinci says that the database location is not found. Everything looks the same on the hard drive but I tried everything and I still can't open my project. Sadly, I didn't have a backup or autosave on, I just automatically saved every 1 minute myself, so I cant create a new project and import a backup file. In the hard drive, I don't see any .drp files either, so what can I do? I tried to restart the computer and it's the same. I disconnected the database and I selected "create new database" (it doesn't give me the option to connect, it only says "create" even though some tutorials show that) and I put a new name, selected the folder where the project used to be and when I press "create", it's empty. So I'm already crying, if anybody has a possible solution, please let me know. Thanks!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: HELP! Database disconnected and no auto save on

PostWed Oct 20, 2021 1:30 am

Are you on 17.3.2?
Windows or Mac?
Is this from the BMD web site or the Apple App Store?
Is the DB on your system drive or an external?
If external is that a FAT32 drive as that would be a bad problem.
Can we assume you are using a disk database?
When you create an new database, where does Resolve suggest to put it?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve