[Mac M1+Ultrastudio Mini 4k] Echo in all audio

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

beanst_lk

[Mac M1+Ultrastudio Mini 4k] Echo in all audio

PostWed Oct 20, 2021 10:54 pm

I've gotten Resolve to work with this laptop before (Macbook Pro 13" M1) but since upgrading to 17.3.2 my audio has an annoying echo while trying to monitor audio through the 1/4" port on the Ultrastudio. I should note that I never have this issue with any other program, not to mention Premiere or FCP. It sounds like Resolve or my Ultrastudio create a duplicate audio channel that is slightly delayed from the normal audio so I hear an echo effect.

I can get around this issue by changing the Mac system preferences to output to the speakers and then mute my speakers but then I can't listen to any audio from other programs while I'm editing. I can also bypass this issue by plugging my headphones into the headphone jack on the macbook but I prefer to use the front facing port on the ultrastudio since it's worked for me everywhere else.

Let me know what you guys think.

Andy Mees

Re: [Mac M1+Ultrastudio Mini 4k] Echo in all audio

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 6:04 am

Sounds like you are outputting audio via the Decklink and via System Audio simultaneously... what are your Preferences > Video and Audio I/O settings? You probably need to either "Enable discrete audio" in the Video I/O settings and/or change your Audio I/O to Desktop Video.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Return to DaVinci Resolve